Makita LS1019

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This saw is advertised as being 805mm in depth from the wall. Anyone know if that's with the blade brought forward, or if that measurement is with it in its most compact state (at 90degree like in the picture)

...because 805mm sounds really quite large for a 10inch saw without the traditional rails going out the back? 🤔🤔🤔

The Bosch 254mm saw with traditional rails out the back is 820mm???

FB_IMG_1629624626520.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know about the Makita but I have my Kapex next to me which is the same design, I measured that and it is also 805mm in it's most compact state as in your picture (fully extended it's about 900mm) so sounds about the same.

It's arrived. First impressions are ok, but I have noticed one concerning issue. The tall fences are square with the table, but sit about 1mm back from the lower fence? :( .. meaning that the work piece won't sit square.

I know there is a little alan bolt for tightenting the taller fence, but that won't elp if they're set back to begin with.

Although 40v this should be helpful:

That's not good 😟

Sounds like this guy had the same problem

Yeah ... I'll see what Axminster will do about it. I really don't want to have to package it up and return it ...

In practise though, I'm not sure how much of an issue it is actually going to be as I plan on making a sacrificial fence anyway, so could easily pack it out a bit. It's just one of those things you shouldn't have to deal with though on a £500 saw.

Back