Makita DTM50z MultiTool - Has anyone got one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a heavier weight probably helps to reduce the vibration felt by the operator. The lighter a multi tool is the more of the vibration is passed to the operator and so less to the cutting action.
-Neil

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

MrDavidRoberts":22nspnvt said:
Received it today, and here's my quick review VS the bosch 10.8v Gop Unit I used to have.
Negatives:
It weighs a ton, about 2.1kg with a battery and you can definitely feel it
-the battery has a weird location on it so it's not practical to hold the tool in hands at all times.
I think those are the negatives I can think of,

however the build quality of this seems excellent, built like a tank!
-has a nice light on it
-it's actually less noisier than the 10.8v bosch gop one at least when it's not under load!
-feels more precise , the gop unit was all around, wobling everywhere etc.
-I think it has LESS vibration as well than the bosch one, since some people mentioned as one of its problems.
-cuts MUCH faster than the bosch unit even with a worn blade it actually cuts rather nice, where as in the bosch unit it strugled to even make a mark with the exact same worn blade.

Most of the time I used my old bosch multitool as a delta sander, I think I will have troubles using it for this as its such a heavy brick.
If they could make a brushless, lighter version of this with a better battery layout this would be perfect.
Nice to hear you're happy with it.

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back