Makita batteries

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarkin

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I managed to drop my makita drill on its chuck and have bent the drive shaft...was not best pleased I can tell you! :evil:

Anyway, I'm goting to get a new drill, but since I've alrealy got makita batteries, chargers etc from the drill I just broke, It makes sence to just get a body only to same some money. My question is this, which drills can my batteries be used with? They are 1.3AHr 14.4V NiCd's from a 8280 14.4V Combi Drill. According to Makitas website, these perticular batteries are only for use in the 8280 and 6280 drill/driver, but I have a sneaking suspiction that that's not actually true, and that they would fit some of the newer MXT stuff (albeit for less time that a NiMh...but hey ho). Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi Ewan
If you give me a day or so I can find out for you as one of the shops I will be going to soon does the MXT bodys ( I go my 18v MXT body from them and it was cheaper from them tham Makita :shock: :? ), or you can ring them yourself :)
http://www.itslondon.co.uk/
They are very helpfull too :)
Ps I am also looking to get an 18v impact driver from them and get two batterys from US for about £60 ( yes that is for 2 NiMh, 2.6 amps :) )

hi done the same to my makita drill snaped the chuck off (old 6095d model) tewksbury saw co got me a new shaft for about £5. wouldnt go writing drill off just yet was an easy fix to. :D this was about 3 years ago so may be litttle more£

Back