'Alternative Makita charger' charges blocked/chipped lion ba

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColeyS1

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw this for sale on eBay.
It charges batteries the makita charger has decided to block/give the error beep.
53e3ca11734fffdf4ace46941b413156.jpg

I had four 18v blocked batteries that have been sat on a shelf for years. I wasn't expecting much tbh. On the batteries that read an initial voltage of around 16volts -
938e050895c150d8b6eb52bdb4e627a4.jpg

These charged back up to full voltage
2114722c63875043cde5b752921b5a97.jpg
They seemed cool to touch and worked just fine in a drill.

I had one battery, that had an initial charge of 12.9 volts. It only charged upto 18 volts and seemed to get mega warm. I guess this battery might have a dud cell, so the safest bet is to chuck it out.

It charged 3 out of the 4 batteries that were in the makita rubbish pile, so I think it's 60 quid well spent.
'Alternative Makita charger' should enable you to find it.

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That's really nice, but don't chuck out your old batteries- list them on ebay, there's still a market for them and you can easily get 1/3 of a value for a non-working makita batteries, there are loads of people who buy them, and just change the cell that needs attention and than sell them on.

I'll probably keep it just incase I ever need to replace the housings. They must be pretty tough though, as I've never broken/cracked any yet [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]. My mate popped in last night and reckons he's also had several that wouldn't charge on a genuine makita charger. He thinks he threw them out though- balls.

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back