makita 4ah battery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomm41pvm

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just thought I would give a heads up on these being sold at power tool world. Only £36 which is a bargain, not sure if they have made a mistake? Has anyone used them before? I've just ordered 3 anyway as they are half the price that they should be. Fingers crossed they are ok.

Their batteries have always been good for me, no problems at all. Maybe I have just been lucky. I'm guessing you haven't?

Wonder if they will honour the purchases if there is a mistake in the pricing? Looks like it could be £136 a pop as opposed to just £36 but let's wait and see eh?

Just my 2p.....
I've got 3 makita drills/drivers

1 is an old 18v NiMh? Which was used everyday for 2 years. It's now 7 years old and still works perfectly with the original batteries holding full charges.

The other 2 are the 18v 3ah li-ion batteries which have also had some serious daily use. Again still going strong.

I've dropped all of them numerous times, left them in the rain and left them in freezing conditions.
They would appear to be pretty tough.

No problems here from Makita.

I think most of you know of my dealings with the latest Makita batteries. i used to swear by them as the old Ni Cad system but these new ones have been nothing but trouble to me and I have now changed to another make of driver. I will not be buying another Makita. I can't fault the drivers and never had one break it's just the batteries are rubbish now. :evil:

I guess it's a case of personal experience then as I have never had a problem with Makita Li-ion batts - in fact I continue to be surprised how durable and strong the 3.0ah is.

Just a follow up on the OP: that offer has now been taken down from the power tool world site. It will be really interesting to see if the honour the transactions. All those that ordered should keep each other updated on this thread: might prove helpful if they try to renege on the deal.

Yep your right they have been taken off so I'm guessing it was an error. Just checked my bank and they have taken the money from my account though so hopefully they will honour it. Tomorrow should be delivery day so we will soon find out.

From their T & C's which you agree to when ordering even if you didn't read them.

"13. General
If you order products from our website we will send you an email confirming receipt of your order. Your order is an offer from you to us to purchase the goods. We accept that offer when we send you an email confirming that we have sent the goods to you.

Product descriptions and illustrations have been given in good faith but due to manufacturers policies of development and improvement may result in change and therefore they do not form and part of contract. Images and colours on the web site may not be accurate reproductions and are provided for guidance only.
In the event of any price errors or changes these will be confirmed to you at the time of ordering.
All offers are subject to availability. "

So keep fingers crossed.

I have had an email confirming my order.
The money has been taken from my account.
No price errors or changes were confirmed to me at the time of ordering.
But....I have NOT had an email confirming the goods have been sent??

tomm41pvm":26ln11pw said:
I have had an email confirming my order.
The money has been taken from my account.
No price errors or changes were confirmed to me at the time of ordering.
But....I have NOT had an email confirming the goods have been sent??

Snap.

By their own terms, they have to honour it.

"In the event of any price errors or changes these will be confirmed to you at the time of ordering."

There was no message about pricing errors and the money for ten items plus delivery has been taken from my account. And I have the order confirmation.

They wont send them.... I ordered a Makita nail gun from them about a month ago, it was priced at £216. Everywhere else it was abut £400. They took the money out etc. Nothing for a week, i phoned them asking if it was including batteries etc, they said yes we are waiting for stock.. Another week later my money was refunded...

John..

Oh well, I stand corrected. They won't honour the deal. Just spoke to Brian and according to him they haven't even got them in stock yet and it was a complete balls up. Smeg!

Isn't there a contract in place for those times though? Regardless of their stock situation?

Latest posts

Back