Makita 2704 Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, 1st time poster.

I would be very grateful if anyone has any bad/good experiences or feedback regarding the Makita 2704 table saw. I’m thinking of purchasing the saw, I just need convincing first...

Thank you

I used to have one. It was good accurate and easy to set up the fence which locked solid. The extension which pooped out was accurate and good to.
The saw i had was on the gas stand which was clever but a bit wobbly with sheets so I would avoid if you are not moving it about.
The saw gurad was one of the best feature and better than the one on my hammer saw now. The dust extration was reasonable.
The down side .. Very noisy.
Hope that helps
Owen

i looked at those but opted for a DeWALT D27107 Flip Over Table Saw with the additional extension table it has a bigger cut capacity and seems to be a bit more versatile for my needs i picked the lot up as a factory rework for a little over £750.00

I have one currently and can only concur with everything that corset has said above (although I wouldnt have said very noisy, just a bit noisy!) I have it on the gas stand too, which for me is ideal as I have a very small workspace so I can just drop it down and fold it up out of the way when not in use. I chose this model after visiting the D&M show a couple of years ago and getting a look at it and all the direct competitors and have not regretted it.

I too have the 2704 and use it as my site saw as i have a large fixed table saw in my workshop. It is a great saw. It is quite heavy so i would highly recomend the stand that you can buy to accompany it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your quick honest responses, just one last question. What dust extractor runs best with the Makita table saw???

Thanks again.

Back