Making use of chimney alcove in bedroom

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy002

Reaction score
Just looking for some inspiration really. The alcove needs to be used for storage. with a frame fixed round and doors hung either side. Needs to go with the pine bedroom furniture.

Measurements: 1.1 m x 2.1 opening.

Have a look back at some of Dan Toveys posts - he has shown quite a few very nicely done alcove units.

Cheers, Ed

jedmc571":uno9zm2k said:
You won't go wrong with what Ed said

DT is the reigning MDF Alcove Champion

Until, that is, I present my double-alcove face-framed MDF carcass cabinet...
(OK, I was too slow already. Dan's probably knocked out 20+ in the time it's taken me to write that sentence)...

jedmc571":321picxr said:
You won't go wrong with what Ed said

DT is the reigning MDF Alcove Champion

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've just started today on an order for four MDF alcove units for the same customer.

I got all the doors machined and glued up today - 12 of them. I'd have got further but I had to spend a couple of hours sweeping up after those messy hand tool neanderthals!

Roxy,

Email me a photo of your alcove and I'll come up with some ideas.

www.duncancheslett.com

Cheers
Duncan

How you getting on with Sketchup Dan? Don't suppose you have had much time while knocking out 12 doors. :shock: Think I had better get my skates on then. :lol:

mailee":c011xgbk said:
How you getting on with Sketchup Dan? Don't suppose you have had much time while knocking out 12 doors. :shock: Think I had better get my skates on then. :lol:

I didn't start until 11.00 and I'd got them done by 4.30.

I'm getting faster all the time!

:lol:

Duncan

Latest posts

Back