Making an oar, longer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfectly acceptable to put a cross piece on the top end - the same diametre as the shaft. Drill a hole and slot it on - all the force is downwards, unless It just got exciting.
UmpquaPauloniaWoodPaddleboard1.jpg

AndyT":2ebfsfbo said:
The Wye is a great river for canoeing/kayaking. The big meanders mean you can park, launch, enjoy a few hours on the river but only be a few minutes drive back to where you started.

Clean, shallow water with some grade one rapids for beginners.

In normal times of course, not now.

Aww don't - you'll get me really hankering for it - I used to work in Ross-on-Wye (when I lived in Glocestershirwe) and sit by the river for my lunch, a lovely place. I've canoed on the sea around Littlehampton many moons ago, I'm pretty sure I can remember which bit of the paddle goes in the water :)

Yeah ive been down the wye a few times, from Ross on wye downwards, but ive been recommended to start at Hay for the full experience, few days with camping. Dreamy, definitely first on the list once im allowed. And theres some nice stretches on the avon, and id be interested to try and explore the canals to bath and maybe bits of the river frome... If you guys have any other recommendations im all ears!

Back