Making a Router Tale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argonaut":39wogela said:
mailee":39wogela said:
I wuld definitely recommend a 1/2" router with plenty of power. T5 is a bit low power for table use really. I started with a 1/4" router in a table but changed soon after for more power, (Needed when you use panel raisers) HTH. :wink: T track not really needed as you can always make a sled that rides up against the fence. Simple is better IMHO. :wink:

Been Googling around / Fleabay / Adtrader etc ..... interesting how many 1/2" router are even less power than my T5.
Sounds like I need to find another Router

the archetypical router for this application is either the DW625 or the trend T11 - however neither is cheap - over 200 notes, tho they can sometimes be had for less on ebay.

the triton is also often used but i think there is a problem with their supply at the moment

and the fourth common option is the makita

Just an update as I was following the thread.

Built my own table, sized specifically to fit onto a B&D Workmate (as is planer & chop saw).

I held off fitting my existing TREND T5 Router, got nowhere on eBAY .. people paying paying far too high a price, often in excess of new price.

I placed a free add in "Add Trader" took 3 weeks but I got a mint condition TREND T11 and a box of cutters for £120

This Router is great as it has full micro adjuster (Router Raizer) as standard which adjusts when router is vertical or inverted.which is operated from above .. i.e. from table top

I used the TREND table insert, and very pleased with my nice new table.

Latest posts

Back