Makes it all worth while

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well have been a bit busy in the garden trying to prepare for the summer. Anyway the Great grand son come over as he does on a Saturday and asks "Can I help make something" well we spent 3 hours in the shed and garden making a toy for him followed by some planting seed.

I for one felt great that he wanted to make something with me.

He enjoyed every minute as well as me. Does that make it all worth while. By the way he is only six so most of the work I had to do which for him was OK as he is very sensible for his age and to make a point of it I had left the hose to the vacuum across the workshop and connected to my pillar drill press on seeing this he says "Grand dad should we move that so we do not trip over"

So now I can see that every Saturday is going to be make toy day.

So anyway this is what transpired he is mad on Star wars especially Darth Maul so he just had to make his light sabre with me

DSCF2984_zpsaca8a348.jpg

DSCF2985_zps0b561191.jpg

Brilliant Dal. My lads make things with me too and its time I really value. I cherish the idea that one day when I'm long gone they will be in their own garage and out will come one of my planes or a chisel with my initials etched in and it will remind of the quality time we spent now. Much as I did with my own father on occasion (though more so on a river bank with a fishing rod in hand)

Back