Magswitches can be sharp!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Stuck for a razor blade?

Can't find your Stanley knife?

Got a Magswitch?

Then look no further. I keep my Magswitches locked to the side of my machines. The other day, as I was winding down the thicknesser table, my right index finger came into contact with the (as I now know) razor sharp corner on one of the wee prongs and promptly sliced it open with the precision of a surgeon's scalpel. I wondered where the blood was coming from on my stock!

When i looked at the other prongs, many were also incredibly sharp. No idea why they make them that way (and it is possible that they have improved the design since I bought mine) but certainly if you have one that is a few years old, check out those corners. They add nothing to the safety aspects.

I wouldn't worry too much about FM switch off. The are just too many problems with DAB at present and most cars are still being sold with built in FM radio tuners. Most DAB radios sold at the moment don't have DAB+ which will logically the adopted standard. Most pundits site 2025 at the earliest but as the take up of digital radio is so slow even that is optimistic, Kev. havn't got any mag switches but will watch for that

waveman2010":o259azg1 said:
I wouldn't worry too much about FM switch off. The are just too many problems with DAB at present and most cars are still being sold with built in FM radio tuners. Most DAB radios sold at the moment don't have DAB+ which will logically the adopted standard. Most pundits site 2025 at the earliest but as the take up of digital radio is so slow even that is optimistic, Kev.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but the (totally offensive) ad about digital radio that is infesting BBC TV and radio at the moment suggests that they are upping the "softening up" process to get us mugs to lose our decent FM signal sooneer rather than later.
(Roger - have been writing to all and sundry about this, and getting nowhere)

dickm":38p28d7g said:
waveman2010":38p28d7g said:
I wouldn't worry too much about FM switch off. The are just too many problems with DAB at present and most cars are still being sold with built in FM radio tuners. Most DAB radios sold at the moment don't have DAB+ which will logically the adopted standard. Most pundits site 2025 at the earliest but as the take up of digital radio is so slow even that is optimistic, Kev.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but the (totally offensive) ad about digital radio that is infesting BBC TV and radio at the moment suggests that they are upping the "softening up" process to get us mugs to lose our decent FM signal sooneer rather than later.
(Roger - have been writing to all and sundry about this, and getting nowhere)

I do have an article coming out in one magazine shortly. Not sure it will do much.

Bluekingfisher":45jkhpn1 said:
They make them that sharp so you can slice your finger open on them

I keep having the same problem with the sides of chisels. I guess those are sharp so that when you eventually grind the bevel back that far you still have a good edge right to the sides, but that doesn't make me feel better! I read somewhere that one should wrap masking tape around the shaft, but that just made spots of rust break out!

Back