• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Maffell Duo Doweler DD40

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XTiffy

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 240 volt Mafell DD40 Duo Doweler for sale. Includes original box 2 x 8mm cutters(used), 2 x 6mm cutters (unused), Allen key tool. Dust connector shroud. All original manuals etc. 600mm guide with original clamps and instructions. Machine in good original condition, lightly used. £425. West Sussex, near Chichester.

Attachments

• IMGP2517 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    IMGP2517 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP2518 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    IMGP2518 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    228 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP2519 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    IMGP2519 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP2521 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    IMGP2521 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP2522 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    IMGP2522 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP2523 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    IMGP2523 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP2524 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    IMGP2524 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP2525 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    IMGP2525 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 0
Joncooper27, Yes, still available and yes have had it from new. The machine was bought for very specific job and has only been used lightly since.

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I am interested but sorry I think the price is to high for a 2001 machine I get it’s Mafell and German quality but the cost and risk of the age is to high. I have seen new ones for £725 + vat I can claim vat back. Where has it been stored for its life ? I totally understand if you want to wait for your price or not sell it

Joncooper27, I understand your concerns. I set the price around the level of similar ones on ebay and they did not include the guide bar. However I was planing to reduce the price to £350. The machine in its box has been in a cabinet for all of the time when not actually being used. This machine has been little used over those years and I am confident it will be reliable.

From the doweling aspect, dowels are a really great way to assemble your woodworking projects and I have been using them for years without any joint failures so all you need to decide is the method of making your dowel holes.

I have seen new ones for £725 + vat I can claim vat back
That is for the machine only, that guide rail is another £200 and IF I wanted to buy a DD40 then for £350 with that rail I think that is a fair price considering other doweling jigs and saving £650 for twenty years ! @XTiffy you say it is a 600mm rail, was that the size back then as they seem to be 800mm now?

Joncooper27, I understand your concerns. I set the price around the level of similar ones on ebay and they did not include the guide bar. However I was planing to reduce the price to £350. The machine in its box has been in a cabinet for all of the time when not actually being used. This machine has been little used over those years and I am confident it will be reliable.
I’ll take it at £350 (plus carriage) if you’re happy to ship it? Assuming @joncooper27 prefers something newer? Let me know. Thanks, P

joncooper27, my apologies but I have agreed to sell to Peter Millard. I feel that you will only be happy with a new machine with guarantee etc.

Hi I understand, I am still interested if Peter changes his mind.
I would have been perfectly happy with the unit I’m sure I am just quite cautious buying second hand equipment as on eBay etc there are quite a few people who are not genuine. I guess this is the advantage of buying from here as you are obviously not.
Thanks for your honesty and correspondence.
If Peter changes his mind just message you and I will pay immediately
Regards
Jonathan Cooper

Hello Johnnathan, Thank you for your response. I joined this forum mainly to sell off my accumulation of workshop aquired over the past 45 years and as a payback to offer accumulated knowledge to members. I am awaiting knee replacement surgery and am not able to stand at a bench any longer, which is immensely frustrating.
The point of using the Forum is be able to pass on items, without the drawbacks of Ebay etc. I do understand your caution but the machine is immaculate and little used and for some reason I put 600mm for the guide bar rather than the true length of 800mm.

Hi
Thanks for your Feedback.
I wish you all the best with your knee replacement.
Has Peter now purchased it from yourself?
Have you sold all your equipment now? If not I’ll look out for other stuff

Back