Machinery switches

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arckivio

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Took a risk and bought a machinery switch off fleabay. Obviously, I didn't have a clue what I was buying or I wouldn't be here. Basically, I've bought a switch that has more connections than I have wires, I originally liked this particular switch as it has a latching emergency stop button. I want to wire a homemade bandsaw motor into it that is now being run just on a plug into a normal outlet, is this possible? The switch is described as being a 1nc emergency stop, 1no momentary red push button and 1no momentary green push button. Any expert advice will be greatly appreciated and any guesswork would be welcome too. Thanks

You need a contacter to use that switch which is a big switch with an electromagnet to operate it
Then a bit of wiring
Perhaps a transformer to suit the coil voltage a fuse and possibly an overload relay

Ian

flh801978 said:
You need a contacter to use that switch which is a big switch with an electromagnet to operate it
Then a bit of wiring
Perhaps a transformer to suit the coil voltage a fuse and possibly an overload relay

You lost me at contacter!!! :oops: I did think I'd made a mistake but it was only a fiver. Thanks for the reply.

IHc1vtr+":fwh7lpe2 said:
Sounds like the one i have, does it have 5 pins?

It seems like it's got an in & out on each of the momentary switches & the emergency stop has connections but looks like the contact plates have been removed so you can't use them. Way too complicated for just starting & stopping the live wire to a motor!!!

All is not lost. However, the "OFF" button being NO (normally open) configuration complicates things a little in terms of wiring.

If you're not in any rush and want to post it to me, I can fit the necessaries (I've loads of contract surplus stock that will do the job) and send it back to you with only your wires to fit from the machine. I should be able to sort it within the next couple of weeks, providing I don't get called out that is.

MMUK said:
All is not lost. However, the "OFF" button being NO (normally open) configuration complicates things a little in terms of wiring.

If you're not in any rush and want to post it to me, I can fit the necessaries (I've loads of contract surplus stock that will do the job) and send it back to you with only your wires to fit from the machine. I should be able to sort it within the next couple of weeks, providing I don't get called out that

I'm game. PM me your address & I'll Post it Friday. As it is it would never work at all so I don't mind waiting. Thanks for your help.

Back