Machine Fart!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had been buying from Machine Mart since I was 16 years old, I had never in all that time had to take anything back for any reason. My gripe is not with the branch I visited but the whole way that the company and it's service and warranty managers dealt with the whole experience. And to top it all off, they phoned me this morning to say that they want another £20 for the sheppach stand! The lad in the store who phoned could tell that I was not happy and agreed to include the stand for the £380+ it had already cost me. I can only give details on my experience and if any one else had the hastle that i've recently gone through I'm sure they would feel the same.
After all, it's certainly not me that's come up smelling of roses, over a month after paying £350, i've still got no machine, never had the use of a machine and paid another £29.30 for my trouble. Peole who enjoy woodworking go through a long term process of building up the tooling and machinery they need and machine mart should know this and act accordinly, not discourage them from future purchases.

cheers,
jonny.

In my experience, a typewritten letter to the company chairman and a copy to the MD or CEO is the way to get this sort of thing dealt with. As long as you are factual and restrict the emotional content to being very disappointed, I have found it always works.

Sure, they pass the letter to someone else and sometimes you have to send a reminder but they get it dealt with because it's telling them something they need to know (and don't want to hear more of), about their business and they generally ensure an appropriate person fixes the problem.

Don't use email and by all means use registered post.

Chris":28okx101 said:
Don't use email and by all means use registered post.

And if you are really narked find out their home address and send it there. I've only done it once for a major insurance problem. Problem solved within 48 hours plus no premium to pay for the following year. I heard that there was all manner of a**e kicking at head office!

Cheers

Tim

Hello all,

At last, I have a bandsaw! the Basato3 was collected by me today to replace the blue thing and guess what, faulty machine! however don't worry, a minor problem that a quick call to NMA agencies where it origionated got me a chat to a REAL engineer who apart from sorting the problem with me over the phone, turned out to be a real joker and we had a good chat. So see, I do have the respect for good service and help.
A few people seem to have the impression that I went at Machine Mart like a bull in a china shop and this was certainly not the case. I also believe that if I had not taken the advice from a lot of members and pushed the issue with Machine Mart, I would still be stuck with a duff 316. I do feel a little sorry for the poor lad managing the store as he probably bore the brunt of the trouble that was totally down to managers higher up and their warranty dept. My last word on this whole sorry story would be "stand up for your rights and don't let em grind you down".

cheers,
jonny.

Back