Macallister flip-over saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently got a Macallister flip over saw that needed fixing. I have got it working but there appears to be the odd bit missing, like a dust shroud for table saw mode and also the mitre guide. Anyone got any info that might be useful?
Chop-saw.jpg

Attachments

• Chop-saw.jpg
    Chop-saw.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 294
  • Table-saw.jpg
    Table-saw.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 161
Looks quite like the Elu/deWalt flipover, so might be worth looking at spares for that? My Elu doesn't have the dust shroud, but from the pics it looks like a pretty simple thing to fabricate.

I have the Metabo / Elektra Beckum flip over saw I've had for years which looks very similar to this saw. In table saw mode it has a guard that fixes onto the end of the riving knife but I confess I never use it. I have also never uses a mitre gauge on mine as I don't recall a slot for it to ride in. In Mitre saw mode I also have a plastic thing which is slung under the table to improve dust collection. They my well fit your type of saw. Part 10 is the guard.
kgt501top.jpg

The bit in the bottom right below is the dust collector
kgtbottom.jpg

Attachments

• kgt501top.jpg
    kgt501top.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 250
  • kgtbottom.jpg
    kgtbottom.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 248
Yes, if the table is the same as the KGT501 there are two slots in the table. I'll take a look at the weekend to see if I can find the parts and take a better picture. Haven't seen them for 18 months though since I moved house!!

My Elektra Beckum has two mitre slots in table saw mode. Unfortunately they are a trapezoidal cross section, which means that runners on sleds and jigs don't last forever, as all the wear is concentrated at one point. Apart from that, at £120 it's one of the best purchases I've made, although I almost never use it in chop saw mode.

From reading the previous replies, I guess you already got your answer, but you can't hear an answer from enough sources so here is mine. If you haven't got it in the package when you bought the saw, then that's they way it is. As somebody was suggesting, you should be able to build something to help you. Also, if you don't have time to do it, I am sure that you can find something similar to buy directly.

when in tablesaw mode make sure you use an extractor ( once you got the part)
all the dust drops into the blade guard and binds it up
royal pain unplugging and cleaning it out with a stick
or flip over to clear it out

Back