Lutz Sucker buying advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulmiester

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning gents.
I've been asked to make an offer on this but I know absolutely nothing about them. Could I get some help please. Is this a chip separator or a dust extractor?
What is a fair price to offer please?

Attachments

• received_1899670437052442.jpeg
    received_1899670437052442.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
  • received_1235221424086829.jpeg
    received_1235221424086829.jpeg
    296.4 KB · Views: 0
  • received_224766963301381.jpeg
    received_224766963301381.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 0
  • received_1235569777339716.jpeg
    received_1235569777339716.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 0
  • received_1549363518921191.jpeg
    received_1549363518921191.jpeg
    337.9 KB · Views: 0
German - for Sale
60 - so are they asking 60 Euros and what will it cost to ship from germany , if that is the country its in - to your location in the wirral
also the date is Aug22 - is it still available ???

At least it says 230V 50hz , on the label - so is compatible with UK

It's a chip extractor (HVLP), enough of the fine dust will go through the final cloth filter that I'd still be wearing a mask. New similar items are £200-300, you see similar on gumtree/ebay for £50-£150 second-hand depending on condition.

German - for Sale
60 - so are they asking 60 Euros and what will it cost to ship from germany , if that is the country its in - to your location in the wirral
also the date is Aug22 - is it still available ???

At least it says 230V 50hz , on the label - so is compatible with UK
No that pic is just an image of the exact machine I grabbed off Google. The extractor is actually not that far from me. The other images are the actual machine for sale. And I'm pretty sure that's 60 Deutsche Mark

It's a chip extractor (HVLP), enough of the fine dust will go through the final cloth filter that I'd still be wearing a mask. New similar items are £200-300, you see similar on gumtree/ebay for £50-£150 second-hand depending on condition.
Thanks, so what's a fair price to offer for it please, and yes I know as little as I can get it for but I have first crack at it and don't want to lose it because of an offer too low.

And I'm pretty sure that's 60 Deutsche Mark

The offer ended on 30 August 2022. Unless the auction began prior to January 2002, the price is Euros. :)

The company that made the chip extractor is no longer in business making machines and now makes razor blades. Any unique replacement parts will not be available. Fortunately, these are simple machines and unless the impeller is damaged, repairs might be easy.

Unfortunately for this design, everything sucked up through the flexible hose passes through the impeller blades. Large chunks of wood can damage the blades. Dust and chips tend to collect on the leading edges of the blades, which reduces the effectiveness of the extraction. The buildup can be managed by inspecting and brushing off the blades when changing out the collection bag. An impeller with a damaged or missing blade is not safe, even by hobbyist terms, and should not be used.

If the motor still turns the impeller, the impeller is in good shape, and you can buy it for about £60, I would consider it. However, I recommend replacing the bag filter with a paper canister filter. A friend near Munich has a similar 1HP extractor in his garage shop that he moves to each machine. Every time he turns it on, a visible plume of dust erupts from the bag that fills his garage, so he still has to wear a respirator at all times. With the garage door open, the visible dust clears to an invisible killer in about ten minutes. I watch from the safety of my truck at the end of his driveway.

You will have to find suitable plastic bags for the bottom section or find a bin that will fit and not blow out.

£30 would be excellent, and as Mike says, a fine filter like this one would solve the health issue the bag types all have.

This is an example of the fine filter. You'll need to know thee diameter of the extractor you're buying to see if it will fit.
I'd expect all to be generic, but if the fine filter is too large you can adapt it, but if too small it might present issue. That said, most of the cloth bag types seem to use the same bag size, so i suspect the smaller is a generic model.
https://www.axminstertools.com/axminster-craft-filter-cartridge-for-ac82e-dust-extractor-105187
I recently bought a large chip extractor in a sale, but used the money I saved to get the drum filter for it. I've used the bag type before and it is indeed a shock when you first switch it on and it gives of plumes of ultra fine dust. The ultra fine stuff is the type that gets deep into the lungs.

£30 would be excellent, and as Mike says, a fine filter like this one would solve the health issue the bag types all have.

This is an example of the fine filter. You'll need to know thee diameter of the extractor you're buying to see if it will fit.
I'd expect all to be generic, but if the fine filter is too large you can adapt it, but if too small it might present issue. That said, most of the cloth bag types seem to use the same bag size, so i suspect the smaller is a generic model.
https://www.axminstertools.com/axminster-craft-filter-cartridge-for-ac82e-dust-extractor-105187
I recently bought a large chip extractor in a sale, but used the money I saved to get the drum filter for it. I've used the bag type before and it is indeed a shock when you first switch it on and it gives of plumes of ultra fine dust. The ultra fine stuff is the type that gets deep into the lungs.
thanks for the advice but at that cost, I'm thinking a vented dust mask will be sufficient lol

What price do you put on your lungs, at least get a powered fine filter mask, like a Trend Powershield and then you have spent more than the cost of a pleated paper fine filter for the dust extractor.

I don't know how good this is, but could be an option: Axminster Workshop AWEDE2 Fine Filter Bag
That's a good shout, at least I don't have to get a loan to buy it lol.
Thanks for the link. 👍🏻👍🏻

Latest posts

Back