LS1219L Mitre Saw Alignment Issue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyRobot

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone here has had experience with the following problem. I recently bought a brand new Makita LS1219L. It seems like a great saw but I have one major problem with it. The blade is skewed when compared to the slide rail action. This means if I score the top pulling the blade out, press down then back to cut through the piece I'm left with a step in the cut. It means I can never cut accurately with the slide action. Is there an adjustment for this or have I received a bad saw?

There was loads on the internet about these not cutting square when they first came out, something about the rails/arbour etc not being parallel/square to each other, I thought Makita would have sorted it by now.

If it is the old problem there isn't an adjustment for it on the saw but think some people did bend the rails to make it right, obviously not what you should need to do with a new saw.

I would Google it and speak to the supplier.

You should be able to adjust the bevel stops. 10 and 15 on this diagram.
Screenshot_20230420-185816.png

Re the 10” saw. The degree ring is too soft and so the locking pin pippers it up. My Mkiya repair depot in Calgary will sell a new ring but the same thing happens soon
Like the saw but that ring is pants
Bought a Kapex.

Back