Lovely box of old tools on ebay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice stuff! That is not going cheap, bet it goes over a thousand. Did you see those saws?

I'm glad to see he didn't separate them, but whoever buys that will probably sell them individually.

Most of the chisels are worn out and i buy disston saws at car boot sales for £2.00, and the chest is a mess. I through out better stuff than that, maybe i should start putting my junk on eBay.

We don't have a formal rule saying 'don't draw attention to live listings on eBay' but it is not helpful to attract lots of other bidders alongside anyone who had already seen it and planned to bid.

Interesting lot though to anyone with the space.

AndyT":2tnc0kc6 said:
We don't have a formal rule saying 'don't draw attention to live listings on eBay' but it is not helpful to attract lots of other bidders alongside anyone who had already seen it and planned to bid.

But what if no one had seen it and I did someone a favour who buys it? I don't want it and was giving someone else a chance at it.

AndyT":3t7d5ao1 said:

+1. No chance of a bargain now.

AndyT":j7a4u970 said:
We don't have a formal rule saying 'don't draw attention to live listings on eBay'

Perhaps it should be a formal rule

Grayorm":j7a4u970 said:
But what if no one had seen it and I did someone a favour who buys it? I don't want it and was giving someone else a chance at it.

Very altruistic... But suppose someone, lets say you for the sake of arguement does want it, then someone flags it up on a forum full of woodworkers?

Are you going to draw our attention to listings you are bidding on, and hope to win at an acceptable price?

I collect buy and sell old tools am I missing something I cannot see anything in that box worth more than one pound and most of it is worth nothing.

wizard":2d6gzeih said:
I collect buy and sell old tools am I missing something I cannot see anything in that box worth more than one pound and most of it is worth nothing.

Agreed, although a very charming and useful selection a Thousand is very unrealistic IMO

The person selling that box has filled it up with worn out chisels and other things he cannot sell. I filled a box once with broken tools and put it in the local auction and it sold for £38.00 big mistake as it all ended up going round the car boot sales for months. Now if its wood it ends up as fuel for the cob oven or the metal sold for scrap.

AndyT":k6k69mk2 said:

True and many posts/threads about listings have been removed for that very reason as well as the possibility that a post referring to a listing has a degree of, ah, self interest.
Ok it's apparently for charity and now a sweep stake it can stay but please keep the above in mind in future.

Back