Louro Faia supplier.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbrains

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know of a supplier of Louro Faia, AKA Roupala Lacewood. I used to be able to get it quite easily in small quantities, but I've used the last I had making some boxes and I'd like to do some more. It is a South American timber esp Brazil, is there some difficulty getting Brazilian timber these days? There is nothing quite like this wood, similarish Australian lacewood- silky oak, is not exported as far as I know.

Mike.

Hello,

Thanks for that I've used timberline before and is worth a try, it's just that it was available until quite recently, and now seems to have dropped off the map.

London plane is a nice wood, but not as stunning as Louro Faia. I might try some as a substitute, though. The boxes I just made were just right, though, and it would be a pity if I couldn't reproduce them. I'm hoping to start making for a living again (probably a big mistake!) and I might have found an outlet for these.

Mike.

Latest posts

Back