lots of wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkyinboro

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
there was a joinery firm over the road from me :( :( :(
there have gone bust there did not pay the rent and done a runner taking all the machines
i talked to the landlord and done a deal with him for what was left
there must be at least £7500+ of good quailty pine at 4,8mtrs
there is 8 big pallets and loads of other stuff as well
the only thing is that i have to carry all of it across the road
i might have to lease the workshop for 3 months (shortest time i can have on it) to sort it all out
so any one near middlesbrough wanting some pine cheap (there is loads)
pm me and we can come up with a good deal

cheers
chris

pinkyinboro":rtcgmh0f said:
hi
there was a joinery firm over the road from me :( :( :(
there have gone bust there did not pay the rent and done a runner taking all the machines
i talked to the landlord and done a deal with him for what was left
there must be at least £7500+ of good quailty pine at 4,8mtrs
there is 8 big pallets and loads of other stuff as well
the only thing is that i have to carry all of it across the road
i might have to lease the workshop for 3 months (shortest time i can have on it) to sort it all out
so any one near middlesbrough wanting some pine cheap (there is loads)
pm me and we can come up with a good deal

cheers
chris

It's like Corby all over again...

Corby is a place in Northamptonshire,which has had at various times had loads of timber for sale - a lot of it being old iroko worktops.

PM sent about your haul :wink:

Andrew

pinkyinboro":1tcgellp said:
sorry whats corby

Chris if your interested i have 6 table bases like the corby ones , im not sure what the wood is , it may be iroco or mahogany , i have not touched them since i got them , if you fancy doing a deal on some of the pine you are welcome to come and see them and have a chat .
I will pm you re the pine as i use loads of the stuff :wink:

What sort of dimensions, 2x4's? Or are we talking furniture grade boards?

I could do with a load of timber if I am going to be building sheds, but have no interest in building pine furniture.

wizer":2yrc1msn said:
What sort of dimensions, 2x4's? Or are we talking furniture grade boards?

I could do with a load of timber if I am going to be building sheds, but have no interest in building pine furniture.

Wizer , why do you have no interest in pine furniture , it comes across to me that folk on here dont like pine :cry: the pine trade is growing by the day. I love using pine as its cheap , very attractive and very easy on tools and sustainable where exotic hardwoods tend not to be :wink:

Pine furniture has kept me in work for years :D and many more hopefully.

I'd be interested in having a look Pinky but youre too far unfortunately.
Why you'd have to lease the workshop for 3 months as youre doing them a favour by removing it for them to rent out again.

I don't wish to offend you, but pine as a wood is not attractive to my taste. Pine is often utilised in a traditional way, which is also not to my taste. For building or first fix carpentry it's fine. But I just don't have any interest in making furniture out of it. There is a barn somewhere in kent that knocks out pine furniture and they've been there for years, so people obviously still like it, just not moi.

Pine can be really nice, but the usual stuff with loads of knots in it is horrid, it's very hard to get nice clean pine and it's probably so wastefull to get it that poplar or even ash is cheaper for furniture

Aidan

Yes i saw some SYP recently that was very nice and reminded me of Ash which I DO like.

Chances are if they did not pay the rent then they may not have paid the timber supplier either. Could be some big blokes on their way soon looking for their wood?

hi
i have got the keys
i am keeping some of it myself
there is loads of 30x70mm 4.2mtrs par about 800-1000 lenghs
30x120mm 4.2 mtrs par
145 x 20 par
195 x 20 par
if anyone want to make me an offer please pm me
i can send you pictures
cheers
chris

The 30 x 70 would be ideal for my sheds. However, Middlesbrough is a long slog from Kent. Do you know of any way to deliver it Pinky?

If not, if anyone from the south wants to share hired transport. Would all have to depend on prices.

hi wizer
you will be better off with cls pine for your shed
this is very decent stuff
cheers
chris

pinkyinboro":3k24wyew said:
hi wizer
you will be better off with cls pine for your shed
this is very decent stuff
cheers
chris

Furniture grade you mean? I take it your going to ask furniture grade prices then?

If it's a good enough deal I couldn't care less what it was intended for. The delivery thing would probably blow any savings out of the water. 'Specially as I have a very good friend who owns a timber/builder's merchant.

N'mind ;)

sorry not for sale any more
just bought a 20ft steel container to store some of it the rest will fit in my workshop (fingers crossed)
should keep me going for a while
i only paid £500 for the lot
BARGAIN!!!!

Back