lots of wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pinkyinboro":3rfshjte said:
sorry not for sale any more
just bought a 20ft steel container to store some of it the rest will fit in my workshop (fingers crossed)
should keep me going for a while
i only paid £500 for the lot
BARGAIN!!!!

Sounds like a real bargain to me , £500 gets you hardly anything these days , well done you im not jealous at all :evil: :lol: :lol:

wizer":1fmf2b2p said:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Wizer, take a look at www.salvo.co.uk there are loads of lots of reclaimed pine on there that would be suitable for shed build (mostly reclaimed floorboarding)

I'd also highlight on there (not for sheds tho) that it appears that hythe council are selling a load of jarrah beams from their pier (mind you it being 4m long plus is a bit of a stumbling block - unless you took a chainsaw along of course ;)

Yep, just being sarcastic. One of those amazing deals that leads to nothing,

I think that's within perfectly within his rights though, I don't get why the sarcasm is warranted.

Then I retract and apologise. My sarcasm obviously wasn't humorous and mis-placed.

wizer":37jbznbq said:
Then I retract and apologise. My sarcasm obviously wasn't humorous and mis-placed.
I see no harm in your sarcasm Tom, in fact I would have thought that you would have the right to react however you please when someone teases you with an offer in one hand then takes it away with the other, why do people do that :?

Maybe I just didn't get it.

It was his to start with, he worked a way out to keep it, all seems fair enough to me.

Jake":4mxbkkss said:

It was his to start with, he worked a way out to keep it, all seems fair enough to me.
Yeah it's fair Jake, so is Toms reaction, thats the way I see it, but then i'm a sarcastic ****** too

motownmartin":29skwyaa said:
wizer":29skwyaa said:
I see no harm in your sarcasm Tom, in fact I would have thought that you would have the right to react however you please when someone teases you with an offer in one hand then takes it away with the other, why do people do that :?

I dont understand all the fuss , i also dont think that Pinky was teasing anyone , im sure if wizer had made a deal and turned up with cash in hand there would have been a sale , if it was me and i had found a way of keeping the timber i would have withdrawn it from sale just the same as he did , not everyone in life is out to wind people up :roll:

big soft moose":2rwqze57 said:
I'd also highlight on there (not for sheds tho) that it appears that hythe council are selling a load of jarrah beams from their pier (mind you it being 4m long plus is a bit of a stumbling block - unless you took a chainsaw along of course ;)

Is this something you know they are doing or suspect? I haven't seen anything locally or on the internet but if they were I might nip down there and try a piece...

Aidan

TheTiddles":bdyz9p1w said:
big soft moose":bdyz9p1w said:

Is this something you know they are doing or suspect? I haven't seen anything locally or on the internet but if they were I might nip down there and try a piece...

Aidan

its advertised on www.salvo.co.uk originally posted in august 08, updated in nov 08 - theres loads of other detail dimensions and stuff. I assume its genuine but have no first hand knowledge.

I was tempted to look into it further but have no way of transporting (or even handling) a 4m long beam and dont fancy wrecking my chainsaw chain sawing up old pier timber

Jake":iid17t1a said:

yep thats fair enough - but i think its also fair enough for people to be a bit disapointed that the deal isnt there anymore.

I still think as someone said higher up that pinky needs to be a bit careful , as if the previous tennants didnt pay the rent and flitted its quite likely that they didnt pay their timber yard either - if thats the case then the timber would belong to the yard and not be the landlords to sell.

which could lead pinky into all sorts of bother if hes subsequently used/disposed of it when the woodyard come looking.

my antenna would be set twitching my the amazingness of the deal £7.5ks worth of wood for £500 hmm, right - I tend to believe that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is !

damn and blast - i think you are right jake - that will teach me to read the small print (i'm quite suprised that salvo dont edit their lists of sold stuff tho)

still the underlying point that there is a lot of interesting timber on salvo still holds true.

i did not get all the wood
3 pallets where not paid for by a local woodyard
all the paper work was done by the recivers
and was all in order
the wood yard was happy to get the wood back
i am happy becaue i can (just) get in my workshop and store

and most people interested where miles away
and if there where making sheds out of it there where not going to pay a cheapish price for it then transport on top of that

so (being greedy)
i kept it all

its worth alot more to me than selling it very cheap to make sheds

cheers

Back