Loss of inspiration!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugo35

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all just wondering what people do when ideas run dry. :)

I'm in Sawdust's camp. Unless your workshop (yours, mine, one's) is perfect there's always plenty of stuff needed in there. Shelves, cupboards, workstands, sawbenches, boxes, chisel racks, clamp racks... the list is endless (at least, it is in my shop!)

Pete
PS: Tony - nice avatar, but surely that brace is turning the wrong way :wink:

roger,think you'd have a fight on your hands with SWMBO :D loads to do around the house

hi all just wondering what people do when ideas run dry.

Sorry, don't understand the question :wink: :lol: :lol: Seriously, I get so little time in the workshop that I have 3 years projects lined up now.

i guess I would look through books or catalogues

its more the design side than what to make. used to have ideas pop into my head all the time . brain has shut down in recent years(worring , im only 33 :? )
not mad cow disease( rubbing my head on gate post) :wink:

If I have something in mind that I'd like to make, but I'm short of ideas for a design, then I'll flick through any relevant books I have and also punch that particular term (eg. "Coffee Table") in to the forum's search engine to see what other people have done and what works and what doesn't work.

However, if I'm looking for something to make and I'm can't see anything that's needed then, like others have already mentioned, I'll spend time fiddling about in the workshop; walking in to my planer tables and tripping over the mitre saw - all while attempting to build and fit some new MDF shelves, etc. :wink:

You hobby guys!

I just take a look at my outstanding order book and panic!

I've got work to last me until April and I'm still getting phone calls every day along the lines of 'Can you make me a new dining table for Xmas?'

Inspiration? I just do what I'm paid to do! :lol:

Dan

Woody Allen":3l77gnfh said:
... you seem to have a left hand thread brace and bit.
I dont suppose you would believe this is a cheap import? :D
Pete W":3l77gnfh said:
PS: Tony - nice avatar, but surely that brace is turning the wrong way :wink:
No wonder it was not getting anywhere :D

Hope it's ok now :oops:

Cheers :D
Tony

Back