Looking for floor hinges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I shortly will be building a coat cupboard in the hall with 3 doors, but I do not want to have any uprights to attach the hinges to (so I want to do away with a door liner)

I have seen these floor hinges, that make the door hinge at the bottom and at the top, I even have a quote from a Chinese company who sells them, but at Usd 195 a piece and about Usd1000,- for shipping 3 hinges, its out of the question

See below for the type I’m looking for

181830516194.JPG

Bestko TJ108E 80

Does anybody know of a company that sells these at a more reasonable price – and preferably in the UK so as to not have these astronomical shipping costs

Thanks

These look like floor springs to me. ie a box and shoes at bottom and pivit at top acting as a closers. Were always exspensive but worked over hard usage in public buildings. Times may have changed but the principle is the same. I would have thought that with a bit of genius you could make up something without the springs etc. Plates with pivot pin and shoes on the door leaf all sized to fix with door in place. Needs a bit of thought...but? I will see how time goes in front of the box tonight! If there isn't a pivot available Im sure there is a market for them....Hm Need to think about this but you dont need the spring facility and farm gate principle albeit smart is nearer to it. Best wishes.

Just thought. You will need to have rounded meeting/closing stiles as they work on a radius so you may have a large gap between leafs but depends how you hang them.

twothumbs":2aczj16a said:
These look like floor springs to me. ie a box and shoes at bottom and pivit at top acting as a closers. Were always exspensive but worked over hard usage in public buildings. Times may have changed but the principle is the same. I would have thought that with a bit of genius you could make up something without the springs etc. Plates with pivot pin and shoes on the door leaf all sized to fix with door in place. Needs a bit of thought...but? I will see how time goes in front of the box tonight! If there isn't a pivot available Im sure there is a market for them....Hm Need to think about this but you dont need the spring facility and farm gate principle albeit smart is nearer to it. Best wishes.

Just thought. You will need to have rounded meeting/closing stiles as they work on a radius so you may have a large gap between leafs but depends how you hang them.
I thought the same and looked for floor springs. However while just having a cuppa i remembered having to splice a frame last year in a secure unit. It had just a floor mounted bracket with a bush in the door.

Like these :)

http://www.hafele.co.uk/Hafele35a1/temp ... level=6017

Great minds think alike, fools ne... Well as usual its all been done before. That is good example you have shown here Carl. They look tidy. Thats the perfect answer for the next 25 years. I bet my coffin lid hinges doesn't last that long. Best wishes.

Floor pivot

That's it

This is a great help and well worth it

I will,contact hafelle and see what that will set me back although i think that this german engeneering isn' t cheap either

Latest posts

Back