Looking for an experienced craftsman

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alikingravi

Established Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I am not new to forums but this is my first post on this particular forum. Please feel free to move my post to the appropriate location if I am in breach of any forum rules.

Hi All,

I have recently developed an interest in instrument building (Guitars) as I have been playing guitar for about 14 years now. I have recently found an expert luthier who is building my own custom designed electric guitar (but he is based in Cornwall). Obviously I know a lot about playing the instrument but I know nothing about how it is built. So after months and months of research, I have come to know that this work is super duper intricate and requires a lot of experience and skill (well I knew that before as well but now I understand the true value of craftsmanship and how long it takes to do a "fine" job).

By profession I am a Microchip design engineer and I work in Newport, South Wales. I am looking for an experienced wood craftsman or a luthier who is up for giving some wood crafting lessons to me (Samurai looking for his Sensei). Since I am quite busy most of the time I was hoping to get 1 class a week for a couple of hours (Preferably in Newport, but I can commute to Cardiff or other areas in South Wales accessible by public transport). I am planning to build a home workshop, but that is far from becoming a reality at the moment but it is my future endeavour. I was hoping to learn the basics and practice (maybe assist someone with their projects etc) so that when I finally build my own workshop I can build by own electric guitar! That would just be awesome! (hammer)

I understand there are not many wood workers in South Wales but please let me know if anyone is interested and we can work out how to get started. Thank you for your time. :)

Best Regards,
Ali

Thanks for your post Davic. Its good to know there are experienced craftsmen around the area. I will definitely check them out. Cheers!

Hi,i have equipment for woodshop,everything what you need for workshop,from hand tools and all the machines.Only the Bandsawe its missing yet #-o .I and my Familly want to settle in england.I looking for a job like-wood banch joiner or any yob with wood too full-time job,and if you have place to workshop,we together to corporate!And i m experienced craftman for wood and i know how is building the handmade guitar (hammer) ........................But this is only half a year from now would be timely,much time is required for passport

Back