Looking for advice on buying chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mick

Not sure why it is (and I'm inclined to agree with the observation based on the photo), but I think it is just the picture somehow.
Pretty sure the handles come in two distinct sizes, with 2 sizes of metal bit at the front of the handle (is that a ferrule or something? I'm not sure of the nomenclature for that bit sorry!).

Anyway - I ought to get on with using/honing them rather than speculating about stuff like this. I just thought it must be an anomaly and wondered if I was lucky enough to have a 'unique' set in that respect. :lol:

Cret":1zi59f62 said:
Hi Mick

Not sure why it is (and I'm inclined to agree with the observation based on the photo), but I think it is just the picture somehow.
Pretty sure the handles come in two distinct sizes, with 2 sizes of metal bit at the front of the handle (is that a ferrule or something? I'm not sure of the nomenclature for that bit sorry!).

Anyway - I ought to get on with using/honing them rather than speculating about stuff like this. I just thought it must be an anomaly and wondered if I was lucky enough to have a 'unique' set in that respect. :lol:
This is from mathews site, might be either other sellers do the same? or Narex themselves have standardised the 2 size handles across all their ranges.

Workshop Heaven have had slightly smaller handles made for the 26mm and narrower chisels to refine their balance and feel - it is a subtle difference, but it's enough to make them feel 'right' in the hand.

And yes it is ferrule :)

Back