looking for a wood carver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnphilip

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i am looking for some who does wood carving, i would like a carving of my dogs head, he is a 9 month cocker spaniel he is as black a coal. I can supply a nice piece of bog oak, if anyone could help. Thanks for reading

johnphilip":dq878vdt said:
hi i am looking for some who does wood carving, i would like a carving of my dogs head, he is a 9 month cocker spaniel he is as black a coal. I can supply a nice piece of bog oak, if anyone could help. Thanks for reading

Hi John
I'm a carver but I don't do commissions and wouldn't have time just now anyway.
I do however have a friend I'd lost contact with but co-incidently hope to see him next week. He is a very accomplished carver and might well be interested in the event that no one on here offers. He lives not too far from me in Northumberland
I'll keep an eye on this thread and will contact you if necessary.

Cheers

Bob

Hi John, I'm your man. I'll send you a PM with links to my work, see what you think.
Cheers Glen

nev":ydubx58o said:
As an aside, can one carve bog oak? or does one need industrial mining gear? :)

I had a go with a very small bit a lot of years ago and it was disgusting stuff. Very slimy but maybe just a bad piece?
I threw it away.

If it were me, I'd carve the dogs head in something like walnut and stain if necessary.

Bob

Lons":12h7zk8f said:
nev":12h7zk8f said:

I had a go with a very small bit a lot of years ago and it was disgusting stuff. Very slimy but maybe just a bad piece?
I threw it away.

If it were me, I'd carve the dogs head in something like walnut and stain if necessary.

Bob
I have collected the bog oak meself i got it of a farmer friend had some of it stored in the shed. I put a piece in the lathe yesterday wow it looked great when i turned itva bit, and the first thing i thought of was oh my wee dog would look great carved out of that stuff, he is as black as coal.

johnphilip":3mkzojo1 said:
Lons":3mkzojo1 said:
nev":3mkzojo1 said:

I threw it away.

Bob
I have collected the bog oak meself i got it of a farmer friend had some of it stored in the shed. I put a piece in the lathe yesterday wow it looked great when i turned itva bit, and the first thing i thought of was oh my wee dog would look great carved out of that stuff, he is as black as coal.

You must have some decent stuff John. I think my bit must have come out of a midden :lol:

Back