Looking for a Record 778 plane manual

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gogsi

Established Member
Reaction score
I've scoured the internet but have been unable to find a manual for this great plane which I recently purchased. Would any of you extremely knowledgeable gentlemen know where I might find one?

Thanks so much.

Until one turns up, here is the one
for the Stanley version, which may be of help :-http://www.wwa.org.za/Stanely78-TuningAdjusting.pdf

Thanks Blockplane!
I'll give the Stanley a try. I got in too much of a rush and took the Record apart and wasn't 100% sure I'd put it all back together properly so just wanted the manual for some confirmation on that.

I don't have a manual for a 778, but I seem to remember that at least some manuals were repeated almost exactly in the book Planecraft. If you have, or intend to get, a number of Record planes it might be worth finding a copy. If I remember tonight I'll check to see what my copy says about the 778.

Out of interest, why are you looking for a manual? It's quite a simple plane, I can't imagine the manual says much?

http://www.record-planes.com/record-no- ... ter-plane/
This will show pictures, rather than how to use.
Try looking for Record 078 instructions, the plane is very similar, and is used the same.
If you can find a copy of "Planecraft" Hand planing by modern methods. This will tell you all there is to know about Record Planes. Much of the information is directly useful to Stanley planes.

Bod

DTR":agx1lv2t said:
I don't have a manual for a 778, but I seem to remember that at least some manuals were repeated almost exactly in the book Planecraft. If you have, or intend to get, a number of Record planes it might be worth finding a copy. If I remember tonight I'll check to see what my copy says about the 778.

Out of interest, why are you looking for a manual? It's quite a simple plane, I can't imagine the manual says much?
Hi Dave and thanks for your reply. The reason I was looking for a manual was that I got in too much of a rush and took the Record apart and wasn't 100% sure I'd put it all back together properly so just wanted the manual for some confirmation on that.

Back