Longest thread ever?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krashbandikoot

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought it might be nice to start the longest thread ever 8)

It's called "Today I have mostly ........" where you post what you've been mostly doing today. I'll start :lol: :lol:

Today I have mostly .......

Been spending time with violent bikers! Namely watching Son's Of Anarchy Season 6, all 13 episodes and 13 hours.

And for those of you who are fans of the show, season 6 is by far the best season yet even if they do kill off 5 of the main characters who shall remain nameless so as not to spoil it.

Bed time for me now, I'm going to be shattered in the morning 8) 8)

Im still waiting for the next series to be on freeview. Favourite song is 'the lost boy' by Greg holden- its the song that played at opies funeral.

Today I will be mostly sanding 7 mm of an oak stair string that's too wide to fit through thicknesser. Its 500mm wide, 47 thick and 4.2 long and I can only sand off 0.5mm at a time !

Coley

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ColeyS1":1jnmyybg said:
Im still waiting for the next series to be on freeview. Favourite song is 'the lost boy' by Greg holden- its the song that played at opies funeral.

Today I will be mostly sanding 7 mm of an oak stair string that's too wide to fit through thicknesser. Its 500mm wide, 47 thick and 4.2 long and I can only sand off 0.5mm at a time !

Coley

hand plane?

BugBear

Today is a paperwork morning followed by a second fix on site this afternoon and bring away a £5k cheque. I wish the cheque was in my name though :(

Just been to collect a load of wood that someone wanted rid of, in the rain...but my wood pile consists of only wood that i have been given or have salvaged so I can't complain, saved a bomb this winter.
Now some paperwork to look forward to, which is why I'm on here :)

Today I've been making a shop seat, to rest my weary bones, between bouts of planing and sawing.
I made it from tanalised softwood, so I can leave it outside in the rain! When it eventually rots, if I'm still here, I'll make another.
Yes I wore a mask working the timber.

Today started with me picking up two deposit cheques for my next couple of jobs. Then down to Howdens to order a kitchen and collect the appliances. Then on to the job to finish trimming the loft hatch I have just fitted along with ripping up all the lino in the kitchen ready for the fit next week. (in the hands of the plumber now) :D

SamRed":1o9ob87k said:
Just been to collect a load of wood that someone wanted rid of, in the rain...but my wood pile consists of only wood that i have been given or have salvaged so I can't complain, saved a bomb this winter.

Ditto all elements of the above - hawthorn, laburnam and laurel.

The first two are up to a max of 6" diameter, so only small stuff possible, whilst the laurel is astonishing - biggest I've ever seen in the flesh - nearly a foot and a half across !

So the question (if I may, without hijacking the thread) - is laurel any good to turn? I assume it will be fairly bland, but will it behave and is it worth the bother?

The other mostly thing I've been mostly doing is receiving back pats of support from various mates, who witnessed me being threatened and nearly physically assualted by a very drunk fool - Nice!

Today I have mostly had my head stuck in my bike while the rain poured down and flooded my workshop partition section.

I also had a rather nice cup of coffee at the garden center along with a slice of black cherry cheese cake.

today I have been stuck in front the pc, writing a powerpoint presentation 14 slides in and another 24 to go then animate it and add sound....and delivering it tomorrow!!

Today ..........I have mostly been submitting my tax return ..........and watching you tube , and checking ebay , and being here !

Today, I visited an old customer, who wants some more work. Originally I replaced a conservatory, now he wants to replace a greenhouse which is 6.0m x 3.2m. Its one of those 'I dont want to spend much money on it, but Id like it in hardwood and double glazed'.......

Today im sanding up the remaining oak t&g boards which was meant to clad underneath some metal stairs today. Only they ripped them out yesterday and threw them in the skip so don't need the t&g boards, or the 500mm string I sanded the other day. I love my job :cool:

Coley

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

RobinBHM":cjwtvmoj said:
'I dont want to spend much money on it, but Id like it in hardwood and double glazed'.......

Pointless having a double glazed greenhouse, it will reduce the UV transfer which will stunt plant growth.

Just been to see a family friend who's niece wants some shelves built 'on a budget' as she's a teaching student. I'm thinking 3/4" ply with a hardwood facing trim.

Latest posts

Back