Lloyds internet banking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else find this excruciatingly slow to use ..particularly when changing between screens. I've cleared my cache. Nothing wrong with my ISP. Lloyds claim that no-one else has complained. Maybe not but the cynic in me says that they have.

RogerS":1a855b61 said:
Does anyone else find this excruciatingly slow to use ..particularly when changing between screens. I've cleared my cache. Nothing wrong with my ISP. Lloyds claim that no-one else has complained. Maybe not but the cynic in me says that they have.

I bank with HSBC and never had a problem with their online banking.

I use both and have had no problems - having said that most sites seem a bit slower right now, maybe everyone is spending money ;-)

Knowing Lloyds they are probably waiting for you to put a Shilling in the meter,
But to be fair I use them and don't have a problem with the speed,

Cheers Nigel

Well, that's very interesting. So wonder what is causing it. I'm thinking that maybe it might be the same problem that Dedee had...MTU size...he said, immediately jumping in to the most tortuous option.

EDIT: Well, waddya know! It was the MTU size. Upped it to 1500 from 1458 and bingo. The techie in me is curious to know what MTU size your router's set to.

This has piqued my interest.

I bought a new router about a month ago and since then web surfing has been a bit of a pain. I get a blank page with "Sending request" at the bootm. The after 20 seconds or so it tells me it can't find google.com or whatever. Click again and often it is straight there. The sites I visit most often are my own and this one (so hosted on the same server), Tom's and Google. It happens on them all and on both my PC and Mac, so it's not the machines.

So when I saw Roger's post, I though "maybe...".

I've just been browsing my router. The MTU is not displayed when I have Dynamic IP address selected, but it does allow me to change it if I select PPPoE. The trouble is, it also requires a username and password to do that. I don't have one (assuming it means some sort of service provided by my ISP - I'm way out of my techie depth here). Anyway, the MTU is currently set to 1454 and it expressly warns against changing it unless my ISP says to do so.

So I'm no further forward really, but my IA is definitely a lot more frustrating than it was before my old router went pop.

S

If you got your new router from your ISP then perhaps ring your ISP?

I did have a router that started playing up..nothing obvious but try and send a largish file by FTP and it got constipated. There's a thread about it somewhere. In the end, I had a cathartic moment and used my sledgehammer to fix it and that worked a treat.

I am on Virgin cable and have a wireless router - so I don't think I can help?

Dave

dont have any probs with banking, but i have a prob loading firefox from the desktop, it takes bloody ages to load up and get going.

stevebuk":1tg5wub6 said:
dont have any probs with banking, but i have a prob loading firefox from the desktop, it takes bloody ages to load up and get going.

It's a common problem, and it's to do with temporary files, IIRC. If you can delete all your temp files it will be fresh as a daisy again, for a while, at least.

I've oved to Chrome which doesn't have that particular problem.
S

Connect up to your BB bypassing the router might let you know what is happening by result.

My router TPlink needs the mains lead pulling out and putting back in to work or wait around 5 minutes before I get a connection.

Me, I never do any internet banking, just waiting to hear the day when all banks have been hit by a virus and they have no money, IT WILL HAPPEN.

Having lost the will to live using Clunky Online Banking aka LloydsTSB, I rang up to try and work out why I keep getting 'this webpage is unavailable' and it taking lightyears to move from one page to another. So I spoke to their helpdesk.

'Because of the security settings on our website, you need a good connection'. Que? So dial-up's no good then? What a load of tosh. Next suggestion ...

'Are you using Internet Explorer?'.....

"No, I use a Mac and I am using Chrome"...

"Our website has compatibility problems with Chrome and Firefox and so we don't support these browsers"

"OK...what about Safari"

"We haven't heard of any issues but you might see problems. Why don't you use Internet Explorer?"

"Well, apart from the fact that IE is about the buggiest and insecure browser on the planet and I'm using a Mac which doesn't support Internet Explorer, no reason."

"Well, we do recommend Internet Explorer but you have to use the right privacy and security settings"

"What do you mean by that?"

"If you have them set too high then you will have problems with our website and if you have them too low then our website won't let you log on"

"Bit like Goldilocks then?" I replied.

Time to change banks...it's been a long 30 year plus relationship but hey, enough of the fairy tales already.

Roger,

Do you hold a business account with them? If so go through your account manager, I`m sure he`ll sort your problems, mine has been most helpful.

Cheers.

Doug B":3iswc3d6 said:
Roger,

Do you hold a business account with them? If so go through your account manager, I`m sure he`ll sort your problems, mine has been most helpful.

Cheers.

I do, Doug, and that has no problems at all as they use a different security system...or so I am told. I'm going to give Safari a whirl and see if it is any better.

Latest posts

Back