Links in MS Windows have changed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowfax

Established Member
Reaction score
Using Windows XP I have always clicked on web page links and they have opened at full width of the screen. As from the beginning of this week they all open at a reduced width.
I can enlarge them, resize them, do whatever but if I close them and reopen them using the links again I get the reduced format.
What has happened?
And can I reset things to how they were?
Restore has no effect, by the way, as far as this is concerned. I tried that!
Not life threatening, I know, but it is annoying!
Cheers,

SF

If you could inform me of theversion of "Internet Explorer" you use then I can offer more focused advice. To determine the version, go to Help->About Internet Explorer.

Cheers,
C

You can try this...

1. Open IE.
2. Hold-down the "Ctrl" key and click the maximise button/icon without releasing the "Ctrl" key, now close IE using the "X" button/icon whilst still keeping "Ctrl" pressed".

This problem can be an absolute pain to eradicate completely.

Good luck,
Chris

Chris,
Tried that but it then opens the link full screen, the task bar and toolbars disappear and when I retrieve the toolbars to close IE, as you advise, the problem is still there upon re-opening IE.
Tricky little puzzle, ain't it?
Thanks for the suggestion though.
Cheers,

SF

Hi how about this
Windows will remember the size of the last window open
Open your link, don't use the maximise button but stretch the widow so you get the screen size you want

close all your other IE windows then close the stretched one last.

malc

Latest posts

Back