Link for making own blast gates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I am sure that someone recently put a link to a site for making your own blast gates. The site name is something containing the word 'bench', I think, and there are a few things I want to check out on the site but I can't find the link anywhere, despite several searches.
Anyone know what I'm talking about and able to help?
Cheers
Stewart

Thanks for the link, Tiler, but it's not the one I'm looking for.
Nice try though and good site.
Cheers
Stewart

Thanks, Tiler
That's the one! Now why couldn't i remember the website address...
Nice prices if we lived in US for those blast gates!
I've got ones like this myself but need to find a way to stop them from getting blocked - I think I should have got self-clearing ones. Oh well...
Cheers
Stewart

If you want to make blastgates for use with 100 mm flexi hose on one side then an alternative to buying expensive 100 to 110mm (uk soil pipe size) is to use French soil pipe which is 100mm OD.
Pickup a length when next on holiday!
If you are lucky you might spot some in a builders skip.

regards

Bob

If you take a look here you can see the blast gates I made, based on the link you were looking for. I did not have any French soil pipe, that a good doge if you can get hold of some.

I have a few bought ones and prefer the home made ones, no dust traps in them. I need the re work part of the duct work as I now how more machines and am having to move the hose between them again.

Oh and the ironing board did go.

Thanks for the tip about French soil pipe, Bob.

Dave, I remember reading your post first time round and it was one of the posts that led to me setting up my own system - which I'm also finding has become a bit small too!

Cheers
Stewart

If you're using standard 4" UK soil pipe, use a straight connector for the blast gate and cut it in half, you then have the seals and can just push the 4" pipe in to each end.

83548.jpg

Latest posts

Back