Lincolnshire Timber

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leverb01507

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with any timber merchants close to me as i always end up traveling hours to get timber. I have looked at the sticky on wood yards but theres not a lot around me.
What i'm after is somewhere that doesn't mind me having a little rummage through the boards (i'm not after being there for hours).
Price isn't too important as i'm only after a smallish quantity of 2" black walnut (about 2 cube) and the same in sycamore, so for these small amounts i'm not too worried about price and wouldn't mind paying more for good service.
Thanks in advance,

Ben

Thanks that was just what i was after, i have seen them before but wanted to hear from someone who had actually dealt with them.

Hi Leverb there are a few other places you could try depending where in lincs you are I am near Boston. Stuart Somerscales in Keelby near Grimsby has large stocks of most hardwoods and are competetively priced and worth a visit and in my opinion have the best stocks and prices in the lincolnshire area. http://stuartsomerscales.com/default.aspx

There is a merchant in lincoln called Holmes Timber on sadler road but have no website but google will find there number. Most of the stuff is just stacked in a huge shed so I would ring before visiting to see if they have what you want and is easy to get at.

There is also Nelson Butler in Horncastle who have some nice timber in stock usually http://www.nelsonbutlertimber.com/ I dont know if they will have the American Black Walnut but may have English Walnut and will have sycamore in plain or rippled.

Hope this helps

cheers

Jon

Thanks a lot, the help i recieve here is always fantastic and i really dont know where else i could recieve this kind of information if the members of this forum werent so helpful. thanks again,
Ben.

Back