Lights, probably LED's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knot Competent

Established Member
Reaction score
Apart from general lighting in a workshop, is there a way of adding a small flexible LED spot to a bandsaw? That's one problem, and another is a freehand router - is there a small, fixed LED light that could be strapped/clipped/gaffa-taped to a router to illuminate the cutter? My eyesight isn't what it was, and anything that would help would be a plus.

Led's don't take much power. Battery operated lights can give enough light and last for many hours. That would avoid the cord. There are quite a lot of "stick on" led spotlights available now. For the router, an led penlight taped to the side ?

I have a couple of magnetic based flexible arm lights with LEDs in them.
A bit like these... http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.a ... 49&p=71189
15j7703s5.jpg

But i got mine from ebay for about a tenner, I think i amazon also have them.
I'm lucky (kind of) my workshop is a three car garage under my house the ceilings are low (7') but the structure is held up on RSJs that circle the perimeter and cross the centre so i have plenty of metal surface to attach magnets too. I also have mahnetic hooks for holding cables and extraction hoses out of the way and also holding tempoarry curtains to keep heat in one section or to make a tent for spraying in etc...

I have several decent head torches from work... Pain in the bum, as I have to keep adjusting it.

Instead, I picked up a £10 flexi-clip on one from B&Q. Nice bright bulb with 'warm' light colour, really spreads the light around.

Take a look here, http://www.woodart-products.co.uk/ . I saw these at a show, they are magnetic and have an extremely bright LED on the magnet, they can just be attached to almost any tool really close to the work piece. There are £20.00 and come with the tranny so the 2m wire leading to the LED is only low voltage.
I keep meaning to get one myself.

Latest posts

Back