Lie-Nielsen plane supplier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andys wood shed

Established Member
Reaction score
Any suggestion for a good supplier for Lie-Nielsen planes.

After searching on the internet the prices look the same or am I missing somewhere :?

Andy

Classic Handtools and axminster are the main ones.
I have seen them at John Lloyds furniture too I think.
When I have had a look before they are all much the same price everywhere you look

Over here in Australia I find it cheaper to buy direct from the factory in Maine than to source Lie-Nielsen stuff from a local supplier. I have bought a few items direct from Lie-Nielsen Toolworks and I have not had a problem. I'm not sure how buying direct from the USA works out for you in the UK, due to the prevailing exchange rate, but it might be worth a look.

Hi Andy,

We've just switched over from LN to Clifton planes, you might find what you're looking for in our specials section. They are brand new, fully guaranteed, just lines that we are not carrying any more.

There's not much choice I'm afraid, most of them went in the clearance sale before Christmas.

Cheers,

Matthew

matthewwh":v6rnxgza said:
Hi Andy,

We've just switched over from LN to Clifton planes, you might find what you're looking for in our specials section. They are brand new, fully guaranteed, just lines that we are not carrying any more.

There's not much choice I'm afraid, most of them went in the clearance sale before Christmas.

Cheers,

Matthew

Not sure which company you are though Matthew ? Tilgear ?

Thks, Paul.

Paul, try his
icon_www.gif
button :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Thanks Guys

Matt, like you said no price difference between Classic tools & Axminster

David, Tilgear out of stock for 8 weeks

Mirbo, heard some horror stories about being stung for import duty

Matthew, story of my life looks like I was too late

So I guess Axminster will be getting some more money from me

Andy