lie neilson

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alf":24ss39ob said:
No worries, Rob. Age is starting to take its toll here too. I keep, um... you know, what's that thing when you can't... er... What was I saying? :-k

mtt.tr":24ss39ob said:
I wouldnt buy lie neilson or veritas because off cost and i find older tools especially chisels are better.
Sort of lost this in the crowd earlier - this always prompts one question in me, and one only. Viz: Have you tried one?

no an tbh my stanley with thick blade works amazingly well well enough im not to bothered about any other planes

But my point being at £400 could they not afford to remove the machine marks

Funny discussion when put into it's right proportions.

Honestly folks........ Many of us have the choice of either restoring old beaten up planes from before world war two or making our own from home grown wood with blades from worn out files or leaf springs scavenged from an old Moskowitch. A few machine marks are as insignificant as a fart in a northenly gale when comparing it to the rusty chipped cast iron and rough home made wooden planes of daily life.

What really matters about a plane is how it planes wood. Some day I hope to find a Lie-Nielsen plane which is enough run down and battered to fit my budget :)

Back