Lidl workshop compressor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
As per the title Lidl have a 100l compressor on their shelves at the moment, I am looking for a larger capacity than my current model and at 115 it seems too good to be true. has anyone got and using one of these and is it any good?

Two considerations:

Is it belt drive?
Is it twin cylinder? if not it will have a problem keeping up with demand of anything running longer than a minute of so.

Mike

No its a v twin direct drive, that is why it is so cheap, I think a belt drive will be quieter and more reliable.

Yep, that's why its so cheap, still cheap enough to throw away when it goes wrong?

Mike

I have a previous incarnation (they always seem to change them a bit between offers) from about 5 years ago. Its not been very heavily used but must have done a couple of hundred hours in that time and has never been any trouble.

It's not a 100l compressor, it's a compressor with a 100l reservoir. You need to find out what the compressor performance is to see if the package is appropriate for your needs. Look at the air cfm output at the pressure you want to run it at - many compressor outputs fall off dramatically at higher pressures such as 7 or 8 bar.
Expect it to be noisy!
Duncan

Decided against it in the end, think I will wait for a belt drive and higher cfm. Thanks for the replies.

I think you lot must get better quality tools in your lidl compared to ours.
My local store looks like a jumble sale stall, every bin has opened boxes and stuff put back in the wrong ones. Theres always someone at MY checkout returning something. And the big sunday market only has one power tool stall, at least 50% of what they sell is lidls "parkside" brand. They dont look like they have worn well.

The couple of smaller items I have bought have been hong kong plastics quality and lasted less time time than I expected them to. I wont even think about their power tools.

Back