Lidl special buy today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slemishwoodcrafts

Established Member
Reaction score
Went into my local lidl today to browse their special buys on diy and tools they had. They actually had some good bits of kit, just a pity I didn't have the funds at the minute to buy what I needed.
However I did pick up these for £1.99 and I think they are a bargain at that!
35bf6df8503f3c5329c580cafd0b712b.jpg

Pilot drills with counter sinks. Had looked at a similar kit on eBay and they were more expensive. Time will tell how they hold up but at two quid I'm happy enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slemishwoodcrafts":2iqo7bwk said:
Went into my local lidl today to browse their special buys on diy and tools they had. They actually had some good bits of kit, just a pity I didn't have the funds at the minute to buy what I needed.
However I did pick up these for £1.99 and I think they are a bargain at that!
35bf6df8503f3c5329c580cafd0b712b.jpg

Pilot drills with counter sinks. Had looked at a similar kit on eBay and they were more expensive. Time will tell how they hold up but at two quid I'm happy enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought them the last time around. The tips were an unusual shape i thought, but they worked well and still do after a reasonable amount of use.

I also bought the fostner bit set. They needed a sharpen but were quite good.
I got a third set at the same time but can't remember what they were now. :?

The forstners I bought in the past were ok, but required sharpening before they would work at all really. I have not really gotten along with the drill/countersinks, they don't seem to work for me at all.

I have what look like exactly those countersinks, they're Silverline branded and were in a wooden box and from Amazon, but otherwise identical. Can't remember what I paid for them, but would have been under £10 and they've been great. The countersinks tend to clog a bit on pine and are a faff to clear out and the grub screws need to be quite tight to work, but the adjustable collars are really useful.

Back