Lidl Delta Sander - anyone bought one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrDavidRoberts

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember Lidl had delta sander for sale last week, I think there are still few in my local shop.
It was 14.99 http://www.lidl.com.cy/en/4249.htm?acti ... l&id=63951

Anyone bought one if so maybe can give a quick review of it?
I already have a makita 18v multitool which can be used as a delta sander, however it vibrates a lot ,is very very heavy and is very noisy being a multitool so I don't like to use it for sanding,just for when It's really needed.

That lidl one seems very cheap for the odd time I want to sand some corner.

However
- is it any good?
-how noisy is it?
-is it heavy if I want to work with it above my head?
-Does the dust extraction port actually helps collecting dust if hooked up to vac?
-Would I get any sanding quality improvement with such tool compared to a multitool?

I have one and it is very good. I had a rather nice Bosch one that was stolen and this replaced it as a cheap get me by but actually it's better than the Bosch and so far been very reliable, the dust extraction is good too

curtisrider":3fgy8k4p said:
I have one and it is very good. I had a rather nice Bosch one that was stolen and this replaced it as a cheap get me by but actually it's better than the Bosch and so far been very reliable, the dust extraction is good too

Thanks, how noisy would you say is it, same as your bosch or worse?
and how much vibration does it transfers to your hands?

petermillard":2vbvisax said:
MrDavidRoberts":2vbvisax said:
Thanks, how noisy would you say is it, same as your bosch or worse?
and how much vibration does it transfers to your hands?
Seriously, it's fifteen quid - live a little. And if it disappoints, try returning it under the Lidl "non-faulty, non-foods specials items" returns policy. Just a thought.

P

To some of us, £15 is a lot of money.

That being said, lidl are good at returns, open it carefully though.

Rorschach":2o3tvejz said:
To some of us, £15 is a lot of money.
Absolutey - that's almost a days parking ffs*. But the OP already has a ~£150-ish 18v cordless Makita and is looking for something more convenient/lighter/quieter/ less 'vibratory' so I am assuming (perhaps wrongly, happy to be corrected) that cost isn't the driving factor here. As I said, it's 15 quid - give it a try, return it if it doesn't live up to expectations.

And yes, of course, make sure it is 'of merchantable quality' if/when making the return.

P

* actually, nowhere near a days parking - pay fifteen quid round here and you'd be getting a ticket at 3.00pm

nah it's not about the money because it doesn't really costs any real money,It's about the possible frustration- I just hate low quality tools,and Lidl range is full of them.
the £15 could be put forwards something better if it isn't that good...
However I have a feeling that it's a fairly simple tool and no one would be able to mess up such primitive tool.

Not that one, but similar design is the Bosch GDA 280E which I have. It is very good with several attachements including flat and round 'fingers'. When I use it a lot, I string up a wire/long bungee cord above and across the bench with a bungee cord hooked on down to the sander. It takes the weight, but gives enough stretch to make it easier to use.
Malcolm

Just spent good 5 mins in store inspecting the Delta sander, Conclusion : I don't think it's even worth the £15 :D
Lidl certainly has spent time making a good design for it,however.. You could see whats inside in the unit from just looking through the vent holes- the circuitry looked just a typical chinese cheapo one, it looked like it was made for some pokemon toy not an industrial powertool + it's just totally exposed! It's a sander where dust will get in all the time, not sure how long such tool would last, the power lead connector was pretty bad as well. + the power lead as well was worse than that of a cheap 5pound Tesco toaster. You could see that some moving stuff inside in it what should be made from metal had been made from plastic...

Other fine details also gave away that it's just built to totally different standards than what bosch/makita units are done.
Nasty cheapo stuff which has got a nice packaging and nice looking case and that promises the world!
I think I will wait for some ebay auction and look for a cheap used blue bosch delta sander instead of wasting time with this, surely it's ''only 15 pounds'' but that 15pounds could be put towards something better..

Well that is a very enlightening review we all now know that the Parkside sander from Lidl is not as well made as sanders costing many times more. Just for the record and to balance things up i can tell you that i have just finished the demolition of a 700sq foot building with 9" solid brick walls using nothing more than a Parkside sds drill that cost £39 and has been faultless.

Perhaps I was overly harsh on it..as for the 15pounds I doubt you can get a better delta sander. However if you look inside the vent holes.. you will want to put it down right away and let some other sucker buy it :D

You guys must have a different Lidl than we do in Germany. The Lidl stores in my area have produce, frozen food, canned foods, bulk drinks, etc.. Occasionally, they will have clothing or some small house wares on sale, but I have never seen tools of any type.

MikeK":1ffd8qgd said:
You guys must have a different Lidl than we do in Germany. The Lidl stores in my area have produce, frozen food, canned foods, bulk drinks, etc.. Occasionally, they will have clothing or some small house wares on sale, but I have never seen tools of any type.

Then you must stop what you are doing and make an appointment with the Darmstadt Branch of Specsavers Mike! :D

https://www.lidl.de/de/werkzeug-fuer-ma ... -05/c20149

in shops and online!

Used to visit Darmstadt often when I lived in Oberursel, happy memories with my US Army friends.

Thanks, Simou1. I asked my wife, who is German, if she has ever seen tools at any Lidl, and she hasn't. I work in Darmstadt, but live between Darmstadt and Mannheim.

Bitte schön Mike,

loved the place when we lived there but our move to the Pirmassens/Kaiserslautern area never felt as vibrant or as interesting as Mainhatten!

Pirmasens is too desolate and Kaiserslautern is too busy for us. We prefer the greater Darmstadt area. However, I will get out to more Lidls and see what bargains await.

now that I come to think about it, I have been at least 3-4 times in lidl's there in past year and I don't think they had tools in-store as well, or there weren't that many of them.

Probably off topic in this thread but I bought the rechargeable multi-tool version a few months back.

Apart from being somewhat noisy, but no noisier than my 240v ones, it's become the tool I reach for just because of the convenience of not having to plug it in.

Although it sits with the delta sanding head attached most of the time it's also nice to have the option of the additional tools on the odd occasion they are needed.

Oh, & the length of time before needing to recharge - well I haven't got that far yet because I just top up the charge before putting it away.

Back