Le Tour de France

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mcluma, could you post the source of this statement please - I have not heard the official line on the synthetic derivative being in his sample.

Cheers,

Steve[/quote]

Brad
thanks for the forum link - had a good chuckle, not at your post but the reaction that followed.
How do you think that lot would get on with the dado debate?

Andy

wrightclan":1hi41dqt said:
dedee":1hi41dqt said:
Brad
thanks for the forum link - had a good chuckle, not at your post but the reaction that followed.

Andy
:roll: :wink:

Don't think I'd waste your time with them, Brad. Light-hearted banter is one thing but they just seem to be a waste of space :wink:

Paul

Mcluma":3ve3yhzk said:
Correct, i have an open mind, but i know when things are not right

and as i suspected al allonge,

the man is dodgy

The high concentrations of testosterone is of a syntethical external source

and more important, Landis has not even asked for the contra expertise on his B sample, so what does that tell you.

I rest my case

He officially asked for the B sample to be tested yesterday (July 31st). Results will be known before Friday as the lab dealing with the sample will be closed for 2 weeks holiday (which itself says alot about the whole anti-doping regime). I, and the rest of the world, expect a similar result to Sample A but I still think that Landis did not dope. Would prefer the 2 samples to be tested by 2 different labs considering WADA's testing history.

Noel

Paul Chapman":17kk6dnp said:
wrightclan":17kk6dnp said:
dedee":17kk6dnp said:
Brad

Andy

Don't think I'd waste your time with them, Brad. Light-hearted banter is one thing but they just seem to be a waste of space :wink:

Paul

Yeah, they make us woodworkers sound positively courteous and erudite. :shock: Almost makes me more ashamed to be a cyclist, than the current drugs debacle does. That said, there are a few on that website who are more reasoned, but, even before I posted, I could see that they were being drowned out. :roll: :roll: Is it any wonder that the media and general public have such a dim view of cycling, when even the cyclists are ready to convict, before all the facts are in.

BTW, I think I read somewhere, that more than half of the Operation Puerto 'suspects' have been exonerated. Also, curiously; Dr. Fuentes said he also treated footballers, tennis players, basketball stars, and athletes--none of their names have been released as yet. :-k

Getting interesting day by day......

"UCI source confirms exogenous testosterone in Landis' A sample
The New York Times edition of Tuesday, August 1 has published information which substantiates previous reports in French L'Equipe newspaper, according to which exogenous, synthetic testosterone was found in Floyd Landis' A sample of July 20. A source "within the UCI anti-doping department, with knowledge of the result" Landis' probe returned, said in an interview that some of the testosterone in his body had come from an external source and was not produced by his system.

The Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry test (IRMS), which differentiates between natural and synthetic testosterone, was done after Landis' ratio of testosterone/epitestosterone was found to be more than twice what is allowed under World Anti-Doping Agency rules, the person said.

Landis' personal doctor, Dr. Brent Kay of Temecula, California, told the New York Times he hoped that the results of the test and of the initial T/E test were false positives. He did, however, confirm rumours that the initial test found a ratio of 11/1 in Landis's system. He and Landis are seeking an explanation for that high level.

The result of Landis' B sample is expected to be known before the week-end."

L'Equipe, as always, bringing you the news first......

Noel":x84y2wfs said:
Getting interesting day by day......

"UCI source confirms exogenous testosterone in Landis' A sample
The New York Times edition of Tuesday, August 1 has published information which substantiates previous reports in French L'Equipe newspaper, according to which exogenous, synthetic testosterone was found in Floyd Landis' A sample of July 20. A source "within the UCI anti-doping department, with knowledge of the result" Landis' probe returned, said in an interview that some of the testosterone in his body had come from an external source and was not produced by his system.

The Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry test (IRMS), which differentiates between natural and synthetic testosterone, was done after Landis' ratio of testosterone/epitestosterone was found to be more than twice what is allowed under World Anti-Doping Agency rules, the person said.

Landis' personal doctor, Dr. Brent Kay of Temecula, California, told the New York Times he hoped that the results of the test and of the initial T/E test were false positives. He did, however, confirm rumours that the initial test found a ratio of 11/1 in Landis's system. He and Landis are seeking an explanation for that high level.

The result of Landis' B sample is expected to be known before the week-end."

L'Equipe, as always, bringing you the news first......

Not looking good for Landis. But I wonder, if the IRMS test is reliable, why is that not the standard test administered?

Brad

Paul Chapman":222akug7 said:
wrightclan":222akug7 said:
dedee":222akug7 said:
Brad

Andy

Paul
Bit hard to judge on one thread - I daresay I come across as a waste of space in some threads.

Erm, maybe we'd better not take that thought any further... 8-[

Cheers, Alf

I think Alf was referring to massive pieces of unwritten text

Like this. wich is a waste of space in itself

didn't you Alf :wink:

Commom sense prevails? Surely not? At last a bit of decency has finally surfaced:

"Landis B sample result due Saturday
The result of the test of Floyd Landis' B sample should be known Saturday, according to the UCI. However, the organisation has declined to comment on the record about the report in yesterday's New York Times that isotope testing of the A sample revealed evidence of exogenous testosterone.

UCI counsel Philippe Verbiest confirmed to the Associated Press that an isotope test had taken place, but declined to provide details, while UCI president Pat McQuaid said he had not seen the test results.

McQuaid also said that no penalties would be imposed on Landis until he had a chance to defend himself before an arbitration panel. If the B sample test also returns a testosterone:epitestosterone ratio above the permitted level, which Landis and his representatives have said they expect, then the arbitration panel will be Landis' opportunity to demonstrate that the elevated ratio has an origin other than doping. Landis could then take the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The French anti-doping lab at Châtenay-Malabry, where the test will take place, is due to close for holidays this weekend. McQuaid said that the necessary test is a two and a half day process while UCI medical officer Enrico Carpani told AFP, "We have done everything to ensure that all goes quickly and the laboratory has agreed to extend its opening hours until Saturday."

Lifted from cyclingnews
The first sensible thing McQuaid has said for a very long time.

Noel

Well it looks like the curtain is closing for Landis,

It is hard for the man, I must admit
- his B sample positif
- and Phonak has fired him with immediate effect.

Its up to the man himself to defend the case in court

Will this be the last we have heard from him, as he has been banned from pro-Tours for four years!!!!

Mcluma":2db07si3 said:
Will this be the last we have heard from him

I doubt it. Being fired by his team, banning him from competition and stripping him of his Tour win are, more or less, automatic under the rules. However, I still have an open mind about the whole issue. The world of illegal substances and of testing is a murky one. Landis still claims he did not take any illegal substance so I think we need to at least allow him the opportunity to substantiate that claim. Maybe his body does produce unusually high levels of testosterone - many 'ordinary' people are regularly treated by their GPs because they produce more or less of one thing or another. It's all very sad but I don't think the issue is over yet.

Paul

Heard Landis being interviewed by John Humpherys on R4's Today programme this morning and I still have an open mind about the whole situation. His reported original defense that his body has high levels of naturally produced testoserone is not now being used as a possible point of innocence. Apparently he was advised to say this by his defense team. He was on Good Morning America yesterday but as I've a broken sound card canny listen to it- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 254402.stm
I imagine he has said much the same in the American interview. With Humphreys he concentrated on the ethics and efficacy of the testing lab, WADA and the UCI regime. Maybe he's clutching at straws but he came across as being forthright, truthful and sensible. Especially considering he was interviewed by Humphreys. I guess time will tell.

Maybe I missed something but has Oscar Pereiro being officially declared the TDF winner? By the UCI? He seems to think so considering all the interviews he's being giving over the past day or so.

Noel

Maybe I missed something but has Oscar Pereiro being officially declared the TDF winner? By the UCI? He seems to think so considering all the interviews he's being giving over the past day or so.

Apparently yet to be decided according to the last line in the BBC article. Seems a shame to be sacked by your team before you have been allowed to give a defence and found guilty. Kind of suggests the team have no faith in their riders. It might be standard practice, and I agree he should not race again until proven innocent or guilty, but if it was me I would hope my team had faith in my innocence :roll:

Steve.

StevieB":ak3pfp74 said:
Apparently yet to be decided according to the last line in the BBC article. Seems a shame to be sacked by your team before you have been allowed to give a defence and found guilty. Kind of suggests the team have no faith in their riders. It might be standard practice, and I agree he should not race again until proven innocent or guilty, but if it was me I would hope my team had faith in my innocence :roll:

Steve.

But surely he has been proved guilty already. The issue is whether or not he had higher than legal levels of proscribed substances, and two tests have proved that he did. I can't see how anything he or anyone else could say could change that.

John

Latest posts

Back