Lathe stand for £13!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Blackdog

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a productive weekend. Alongside doing the garden with (for) SWIMBO, I built a very sturdy stand for my little CCSL lathe.

I made it entirely from old construction timber off cuts. The only thing I paid for were the 24 M10 coach screws that hold it all together. I was ripped off for them at 40p + VAT each!!

It ain't pretty but it does the job bloomin well. The lathe centre is now at the perfect height and there is no vibration at all. I can't believe the difference.

Currently the lathe is sitting on its rubber feet which are on M10 threaded bolts. I am planning to screw it to the stand. Any views on the best way to do this? I'd like to keep the ability to adjust the feet still.

Cheers.

Steve

Steve Blackdog":3o8gsqrv said:
I have a productive weekend. Alongside doing the garden with (for) SWIMBO, I built a very sturdy stand for my little CCSL lathe.

I made it entirely from old construction timber off cuts. The only thing I paid for were the 24 M10 coach screws that hold it all together. I was ripped off for them at 40p + VAT each!!

It ain't pretty but it does the job bloomin well. The lathe centre is now at the perfect height and there is no vibration at all. I can't believe the difference.

Currently the lathe is sitting on its rubber feet which are on M10 threaded bolts. I am planning to screw it to the stand. Any views on the best way to do this? I'd like to keep the ability to adjust the feet still.

Cheers.

Steve

Yes pictures would be great to view.
Thanks Tim

Okay, I'll try to work put the picture thing. But don't get excited. I never said it was a piece of fine furniture!! You will have to wait a little while ;)

Steve

Here's the pic - as I said - function is the key to appreciating this stand. I propose to add bags of gravel to the shelf to add weight if needed!

You can just see the feet on the lathe. I am thinking of adding a 400 x 1000 plywood top, but this works very well at clearing the shavings.

All the best

Steve

Attachments

• DSC02994.JPG
    DSC02994.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,116
Here's another view, showing the high degree of precision engineering at play :wink:

Attachments

• DSC02993.JPG
    DSC02993.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,111
thanks for the pics

you sure splashed out on those bolts - I made mine from old construction timber too; but only 4 bolts (and a bit of glue and screw). Then I ruined the cost saving element by adding wheels!

hi
looks good, i am just about to sell my ccsl lathe and chuck so i hope whoever buys it reads your post..

Latest posts

Back