• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold 1973 Union Graduate lathe and Wadkin free standing tool rest FOR SALE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minilathe22

Established Member
Reaction score
1973 Union Graduate For Sale

I have owned this for about 5 years. Only for sale as I have purchased a bigger lathe.

It comes with a Wadkin free standing tool rest, I used it with the short bed removed for large diameter work, over 1 metre diameter is possible. Also included is an adapter/extender I had made, great for deep bowls with the free standing toolrest. Short bed is also included in the sale. Includes short and long toolrests, bowl turning rest, and a few other bits and pieces such as live centre and dog drives. See the photos. 6" centre height and around 30" between centres.

The chipboard risers are included if you want them but are quite roughly made. The end leg has two grub screws for fine tuning the between centres alignment.

Everything works as it should, the motor has been replaced with a slow running 940RPM (6pole) 1.5HP motor from ABB. It is a 3 phase motor. The stop/start buttons are on wires for a VFD so you will need a contactor/starter if you are running from direct 3 phase.

I replaced the bearings with sealed units, but removed the two seals on the inside so the grease can still be topped up.

I did manage to get this into a hatchback when I bought it, but I bent the bumper in the process, I would suggest collection in a pickup or other large vehicle. I am in Letchworth Garden City just north of Stevenage, Hertfordshire. I can assist with loading, but please wear a mask. I have off street parking for loading it.

Alternatively I can get hold of a pallet and secure it ready for collection, insured pallet delivery is around £95 but you are welcome to order your own service.

I am asking for £1,500.

Payment cash on collection, cleared cheque in advance, or BACS transfer. Paypal fees are quite high for this transaction but could be considered.

IMG_20210110_110001.jpg
IMG_20210110_110047.jpg
IMG_20210110_110145.jpg
IMG_20210110_110557.jpg
IMG_20210110_110744.jpg
IMG_20210110_110830.jpg
IMG_20210110_110857.jpg
IMG_20210110_110920.jpg

Last edited:
I am now selling the lathe separate from the Wadkin stand. Make me an offer if you already have accessories and just want the lathe on its own.

For the lathe with just the straight tool rests only I would accept £750.

Back