Latest Project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markblue777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Thought I would share my latest project. It was from a pattern that Bryan sent me a while back, he scaled it down to 70% of the original and I decided to go with it at that as it was best for me.

I changed the original use of the pattern and made it into a key holder. Its for my mum and dads place in spain.

The spanish is "our house in Spain"

WP_20140629_006_zps5c4e198a.jpg

My dad is a keen fisherman so the pattern suited well, it is about the size of an A4 sheet.

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark Have done the same pattern in English,the words saying " Old fishermen never die" on the top,and on the bottom " They just smell that way"
You have decorated more than I did,I used different wood and a little paint,I enjoyed cutting it out,and maybe one day if I find time cut one out for myself,can't find time at the moment to go fishing :roll:
Mark I like the way you have adapted it :wink:

Bryan.

Nice piece of work Mark.

I am sure it will be treasured, by both your Mum and Dad.

Standby for a string of orders from France. :shock:

Take care.

Chris R.

Hi Mark,
Nice piece of work only let down by the lettering infills which are sadly missing from the 'U', 'R', 'A' and 'P'.
Sorry if this sounds negative but it's me just being totally up front and honest.

Thanks everyone for the comments.
Yeah scrollerman I need to select a better font that will actually let infill's stay It is mainly for the R A and P. The U infill is still there just cannot see it to well in the photo, the font I selected only had a small lip to show it as a U).

When i cut the in fills out I did put them to one side to make use of them, but i then hoovered the area and they strangley disappeared :roll:
Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark. That darned hoover has a lot to answer for lol !
I've had similar experiences with hoovers/extractors making bits you need disappear !
Look forward to your next project.

Back