Latest Pen:

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrums

Established Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to do some Acrylics for a while........now I'm totally obsessed, whether they'll sell and especially the more expensive kits, is yet to be seen.
This one's a Gentlemans - full size - a bit too long for the display box and with very large barrels.

Chris.

128 views and no comments chris. what have you done upset folks. lol

well i thinks it looks great, i use a gents pen every day. well done pal.

128 views and no comments chris. what have you done upset folks. lol

I was wondering just the same thing :-?

....never mind, whatever it was I'm sure I can live with it :D

Chris

nice acrylic and a lovely finish =D> , not sure about the pen kit though, a bit stubby for my taste. do you get your blanks from any particular source?

WARNING. whatever you do, DONT click on Scrums badger link :shock:
bl**dy tunes been stuck in my head for days :!: :wink:

I love looking at the pens that you people turn, but as I've never turned more than two I dont feel that I have anything to offer regarding design, other than to say I like or dont like.
I like this perticular shape but thats all I can contribute.
REgards Boysie

The colours should have been more white and quartz looking, problem is I didn't paint the barrels/holes and the cap for instance has a tube which is about 14.5mm diameter and it shows through a bit. Would probably been better if I'd painted the holes black.

Chris.

Oh and the blanks came from Vinny at the Turners workshop and the Kits from Pen Crafts, Glasgow.

Hi.

Love the pen.
I too am slightly, no sorry totally obsessed with turning pens! I love acrylics which is weird as I thought I would only ever turn wood.... I know naive!

I have a couple of these blanks myself, but I haven't turned them yet. (I got them from australia .... timberbits i think A1 pen kits on fleabay)

I've also got some of those pen kits too (after seeing yours I might add!)

On the subject of painting holes.. I do to most of mine... just incase, I think there's nothing more disappointing than finishing a pen, and then realising I can see the tubes.

Back