latest effort

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs. sliver

Established Member
Reaction score
I am STILL getting time in the workshop!

I made these three over the weekend, the spalted pot felt like cheating though because it was a bought pre dried blank. The bowl may get some pyro on it because there is a small surface crack and a mark on the rim where some numpy dropped it!

weekend.jpg

These other two are 'weird works in progress'!

A friend asked for a 'Fat controller' off thomas tank engine to act as a key safe. so this now needs detailing.
a010.jpg

And another friend is moving house so I wanted to make a little, personalised, house warming gift .... she is mad about giraffes, so I did a tall,plain box and now have to put giraffe on it! AND, before you say it (Chas, Graham, Paul, Pete) the answer to the question 'Giraffe to do that?' is yes I do.
a008.jpg

I am not suggesting pre dried wood is cheating!! That is what it is made for!! It is just that have spent the past six months or so fighting with green wood, and learning how to get it to turn without splitting and claimed to have gone to green wood only. this is the first pre dried I have turned since then. :)

Don't know why you say wierd, they litlle pretty 'normal' to me for you Mrs S. :lol:

Now if you put two little finials on the klid of the Giraffe box as horns......no? Just a thought :roll:
Pete

That's an idea Pete!! may have to think about that one! :lol: although .. no! i will save that for the Giraffe I have planned!!#-o

mrs. sliver":tm8o4ah5 said:
...Giraffe to do that?'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(luvly work btw Mrs S ...wasn't sure whether you'd pyrographed the spalting :wink: )

Another good idea there Graham! Spalting for the impatient! :lol:

Just in case you are worried that my turnings are becoming 'too normal'
this is one Ii did a while back for my dad when he was in hospital ... weird enough for you?

25Daisy.jpg

Never seen a pig with horns... must be a Yorkshire thing :lol:

I don't do weird but I do like wacky.... 8)

All nice stuff - the spalted vase is a beautiful piece of timber,and the shape works well :D Also like the bowl and vase.
And as for weird or not - if nobody ever did anything different,there would never be any progress,would there :wink:

Andrew

Not sure if you could call my cow .... COW Graham!! not a Yorshire horned pig!! :twisted: .. progress :roll: but I thank you for the comments.

I was like Pete a little worried about your trend with that little lot Mrs.S until I saw the porcine nosed ruminant.

All cleanly finished I must say, now if you can only get a yellow brown crackle paint finish to go with Petes horns the giraffe would be a stunner.

Joking aside, I do like the snowman, A bit early perhaps but by the time you've painted him and made a few brothers and sisters you'll be all set for Christmas.

Pete

mrs. sliver":i5ivyo5e said:
...... it iSN'T a snowman!! it's the fat controller!! ....

Now Now Mrs. S. don't you know "FAT Controller is not PC" Sir Topham Hatt if you please :lol:

Link :roll:

Really? you know I did wonder why his name is mentioned on things now when it never was when our Daughter was little! :-k WELL, whoever he is, he aint a snowman! :lol:

There! I've drawn on them now ... badly ... granted .. but it's a start!

FCdrawn.jpg

just 'pyro'ed the girraffe, but not sure if it needs more round the side of the lid? or maybe painting? looks a bit bland to me should have made giraffe a bit bigger .
a014.jpg
a012.jpg

And my SNOWMAN is now painted
589f89f6.jpg

Love the --- controller :roll: Mrs S.and the Giraffe looks really good.Well done :D Must have been a pain in the neck to do though.

Latest posts

Back