Lap top woes.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have been downloading dance videos from you tube on this lap top and also on my previous computer without any problems for years using a program called YTD (you tube downloader)
However about 2 weeks ago when switching on the lap top a message appeared saying PREPARING AUOTOMATIC REPAIR. this then changed to CONFIGUREING YOUR PC. :shock:
My lap top had to go for repair and it had to be wiped clean and Windows 8-1 reinstalled.
I have now put back in all the programs that were there before without any problems except when I install YTD.
As soon as it says it is installed Norton Security says it is a threat and removes it. :shock:
Does anyone else use a free program to download from you tube that Norton will allow ??.

Alan.

Hello Mr Teroo, thanks for your quick reply. Installed it but could not open it as it said it needed an APP from the store and I could not find one.
Thanks also to heronviewer, Installed OK and seemed to be recording but could not find where the video had been sent.
Full of frustration I went back on google and typed in YTD and guess what up came Norton saying it was safe and has installed it :D :D :D Who says computers haven't a mind of their own :evil:

Alan.

In Any Video Recorder you can set where you want the video to go in General Setting - the output directory. I just put it on my desktop.Sounds as though you have solved your problem though !

In Any Video Recorder you can set where you want the video to go in General Setting - the output directory. I just put it on my desktop.Sounds as though you have solved your problem though !

Yes problem solved. Because this is the program that I have always used I found it so easy to download and convert to different formats.
But again thank you all for your replies.

Alan.

Back