Laminated blanks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen them myself, I assumed people made their own. The only ones I have seen are for pens, bottle stoppers etc. Maybe someone knows different

Pete

I bought some 12" x 2" ones off fleabay as 'rolling pin blanks'. for a couple of quid each.
It was a while ago and i didn't svae the seller, but worth a search?

When you say laminated, do you mean like the patterns or segmented type stuff? I seem to recall Sue Harker sells them, or at least she sells kits to make them. But it might be worth an email to her?

Oakbear, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I've had a quick look on the Bay but will keep at it.

Wizer - flat strips laminated - the sort of stuff that turns into nice knife handles etc. I'm happy to have a go at it myself if it's not too difficult, and I guess I would start with plain veneers, which I would stain.

Yeh give it a go LW. I've done a lamp that was like that but I got my glueing wrong. So it ended up being black ;) I'm sure with practice you can get some lovely results.

Might be worth giving Turners Retreat a ring I have seen them there in the past, from memory they were about 2" square.

john

Back