Kreg foreman from the states

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to use a big heavy site transformer, not that heavy if you don't need to move it around.

Adidat

The only issue would be that American motors run at 60hz while UK supply, even through a 110v transformer, will only run at 50hz meaning a reduction in speed. Not sure if it will make a difference to this device.

Thanks guys, I'll email Kreg to see if they're bringing this to the uk market, it wouldn't half speed things up!

memzey":3igflhbn said:
The only issue would be that American motors run at 60hz while UK supply, even through a 110v transformer, will only run at 50hz meaning a reduction in speed. Not sure if it will make a difference to this device.
I think this only applies to induction motors.

I've bought a few power tools from the US and run them fine on a 110v site transformer. All have worked fine.

I have also run US 110v tools with both brush and induction motors without any issues.

You could make up an adaptor lead to avoid cutting off the original plug.

Adaptor.JPG

Attachments

• Adaptor.JPG
    Adaptor.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 166
memzey":3mxyfvcq said:
Makes no difference whatsoever, I have power tools sourced from the US over twenty years ago. Running from 110v transformer, performance unaffected.
Latest tool purchase was dewalt worm drive saw, now my main site saw, wish I'd bought one years ago.
The other alternative is to purchase from Canada, they are on 50hz the same as us.

Back