Kity K5

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoffiow

Reaction score
Hello,
Have just got a Kity K5 combination machine and need a copy of the manual/ user guide. Any ideas where to get one.

Geoff

Geoffiow":2hcceg0e said:
Hello,
Have just got a Kity K5 combination machine and need a copy of the manual/ user guide. Any ideas where to get one.

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Just a tip next time you're looking for info, do a search first. In this case you would have found my details very quickly as I've provided several hundred copies of the manual all over the world. Have sent you a pm.

Bob

I have just purchased a Kity K5 and need to set it up correctly as to start with the saw appears to be running the wrong way. Does anyone out there have a PDF manual that they could email ?

Hi Paul
I've sent you an email message via the forum and will send you the files as soon as you respond.

The only ways I can see the saw running backwards are:

1). Sawblade is fitted the wrong way round, you should be standing at the front of the machine, planer on your left and saw cutting down towards you, if that makes sense. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that and did it myself once on a mitre saw. :oops:

2). Belt is twisted into a figure of eight which will reverse the cut. On one belt machines this method is used for the spindle moulder.

3). The wiring on the motor has been reversed though I think that is highly unlikely and possibly would have burned it out. Check direction of motor spindle which runs same direction as saw and planer.

cheers
Bob

I own an old Kity 5 function machine that pre dates the k5 but is often referred to as a k5.
The belt to the table saw on my machine is twisted to get the correct rotation of the blade.

powertools":ly1vrjid said:
I own an old Kity 5 function machine that pre dates the k5 but is often referred to as a k5.
The belt to the table saw on my machine is twisted to get the correct rotation of the blade.

I didn't know that! Do you have to twist it for the planer as well?
On the later models as far as I remember it's fitted straight and only the spindle moulder is twisted into figure of eight.

I asked Paul for a photo of the machine if possible which will help. If it's a pre K5 do you have the original manual or the same as mine?

cheers
Bob

The belt to the planer and morticer both run flat. The belt to the spindle moulder twists through 90 deg and the belt to the table saw runs through 180deg.

If the motor is in a similar place to the K5 then does it run anticlockwise when looking at the spindle end on?

IMG_20170514_150908-816x612.jpg

The motor on my machine is central to the table and a pulley on both ends.

Attachments

• IMG_20170514_150908-816x612.jpg
    IMG_20170514_150908-816x612.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 167
Ah got it, I've never seen one of those though had heard about them so a very early vintage. Says a lot about those little Kity machines that there are so many still in use around the world. :)
Will be interesting to see which setup Paul has.

Your pic reminded me that I have the grinder set up in a box somewhere, not the main grinding wheel but do have the base, white cup mechanism and slider bars.

cheers
Bob

I think that Kity were not good at naming their machines and a lot of people buy a second hand machine that has been rongly sold as a k5 but it isn't.
It seems that any 5 function Kity machine is now known as a k5 but most aren't.
When people ask for advice on the second hand kity machine they have purchased before any of us can give any meaningful advice we would need to know far more about their machine.

Absolutely right Powertools.
When I get a request for the manual, I ask if possible that they send a photo so I can be sure.
regards
Bob

Hi powertools and Bob,

Was digging the internet and found your comments about the Kity combination. Totally agree regarding the K5 and people wrongly assuming the manuals that can be found is for the older Kity combinations as mentioned by Powertools. I was lucky to get my hands on one just a few days ago (the combination not the manual ;-)). I'm from The Netherlands and was wondering if any of you have a manual for the combination instead of the K5? In the link you can see the setup I have bought. Picture from combination
View attachment 71401

The motor on my machine is central to the table and a pulley on both ends.
Hi powertools (and Bob),

Was digging the internet and found your comments about the Kity combination. Totally agree regarding the K5 and people wrongly assuming the manuals that can be found is for the older Kity combinations as mentioned by Powertools. I was lucky to get my hands on one just a few days ago (the combination not the manual ;-)). I'm from The Netherlands and was wondering if any of you have a manual for the combination instead of the K5? In the link you can see the setup I have bought.

Hi powertools and Bob,

Was digging the internet and found your comments about the Kity combination. Totally agree regarding the K5 and people wrongly assuming the manuals that can be found is for the older Kity combinations as mentioned by Powertools. I was lucky to get my hands on one just a few days ago (the combination not the manual ;-)). I'm from The Netherlands and was wondering if any of you have a manual for the combination instead of the K5? In the link you can see the setup I have bought. Picture from combination

Hi
I don't have the manual but suggest you look at each individual machine, note down the model number and search separately for those as they are around.. I have a pdf for the 617 saw for example.
I do have some general info that would almost certainly be of interest to you however in respect of your machine so have sent you a pm with my email address so you can contact me if you want it
Bob

Latest posts

Back