Kity K5 or Bestcombi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevew1

Reaction score
I have a Kity machine which has Bestcombi written on it but looks like pictures of a K5. Does anyone have a pdf of the user guide. Mine seems to have dissolved in the garage!!

There seems to be a lot of confusion about older Kity machines, a Bestcombi is a very different machine to a k5.

powertools":5trr24bj said:
There seems to be a lot of confusion about older Kity machines, a Bestcombi is a very different machine to a k5.

The early ones were actually almost identical apart from upgrading the spindle shaft size to 30mm and changing colour to green/red. Can't remember if the saw spindle changed as well but don't think so. Changed over late eighties.

Modern Bestcombi (2000) is a different animal.

Steve.
I've sent you a pm but if that's your email address as your user name I would change it for obvious reasons.

Bob

edit: Just checked and saw spindle didn't change, still 15mm ( 5/8")

Leaflet and price list from 1989 ( I used to sell them then, don't ask why I still have literature. :oops: )

Attachments

• bestcombi 1989.jpg
    bestcombi 1989.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 135
  • B C leaflet b 1989.jpg
    B C leaflet b 1989.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 145
  • B C leaflet f. 1989.jpg
    B C leaflet f. 1989.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 142
As I said there is a lot of confusion due to the strange way that Kity used to name and number their machines it is almost impossible to offer any worthwhile advice without a picture of the machine in question.

You're not wrong Powertools although they weren't / aren't the only manufacturer with unclear systems, I find car manufacturers the worst.

It was just your comment that a "Bestcombi is a very different machine to a K5" that I picked up on. The early ones were just a rebadge and change of spindle size but later models changed completely.

I'm still amazed at how many little K5s have survived and get several requests a month for manuals from all over the world.

cheers
Bob

Having spent a lifetime in the motor trade I can agree with that but any vehicle can be narrowed down not only by its name but also by its chassis and registration number.
I think that it is a testament to the quality of the old Kity machines that so many people come here asking for information but a photo of the machine in question would help to identify the the actual machine they have and that would help in giving the correct advice.

Can newbies post a photo straight away or do they need a number of posts first? Photos are definitely the way to identify things so I'm 100% with you on that.

I doubt my Merc CLC AMG-line 250d will still be around in 30 years to need identifying.
Read this the other day though and that's just for electric vehicles. #-o
Mercedes-Benz has filed multiple trademarks for names that could be used in its EQ line of electric vehicles.

The German manufacturer has filed for EQA 200, EQA 250, EQA 260, EQA 300, EQA 320, EQA 350 and EQA 360 in Canada. Additionally, it also filed for EQB 200, EQB 250, EQB 260, EQB 300, EQB 320, EQB 350 and EQB 360 in the country. It’s not clear if it plans to use all of these badges, but it seems more likely it has reserved some of them just in case. The EQA will be an electric hatchback and was previewed by a concept of the same name, but it’s not known what the EQB might be.

Latest posts

Back