Kity k5 Dust Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhenry

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi and happy New Year!

I've just been given a dust extractor for my Kity K5. Although it comes with a range of hose adaptors to slim down the 100mm hose pipe, none of them are a great fit for the 78mm dust extraction ports on my K5. Has anyone else had this problem/come up with a solution?

I did wonder if a conical silicone adapted might be a possible solution but am having issues finding such a thing - has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks

Dave

Lons knows the earlier Kity range very well, but If you just want to change the pipe fitting, then try a 4"-3" grey soil pipe reducer in you're builders merchant's.
If the 78mm end is tight, then carefully heat up the whole are and slide on and carefully rotate,
For obvious reasons, do not melt the plastic and carefully heat evenly all round.
Regards Rodders

Thanks both for the swift responses.

The machine that I have has a 78mm spiggot plate beneath the table saw and also on the mortiser and on the dust collector for the planer/thicknesses so I don't need to create that part but great suggestion Lons.

Rodders - I think your soil pipe reducer suggestion should work. Ideally I want something that I can easily switch from one spiggot plate to another which should be possible with a combination of heating/sanding.

Thanks again

Dave

That's lucky Dave, the collection outlets were optional extras and most K5s sold without.

Back